UKC

Shower/Bath help please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sweenyt 29 Dec 2013
Hi all,

I have an overhead shower above my bath, with a curtain not a solid screen. It's a rental property.

When we use the shower the water that lands on the edge of the bath by the taps (directly underneath the shower) dribbles over the edge of the bath into the floor, as we can't bring the curtain any closer to the wall.

I tried running a bead of silicone sealant around the offending area, but this breaks when I clean. Any suggestions as to a quick fix?

As it's rental it needs to be cheap and removable when we leave.

Hope that makes sense, shout if not.

Many thanks,
H
 crayefish 29 Dec 2013
In reply to sweenyt:

Try high modulus silicone (the stuff used for fish tanks). This is much higher strength and will stick to very smooth surfaces as is designed for bonding glass. But the surface needs to be very clean and completely free of any soap residue.

However it is still removable.
 Mountain Llama 29 Dec 2013
In reply to sweenyt: I Wud try an adhesive sealant, like sticks like sh*t. Comes in a tube for use with gun. It's like silicone but much tougher.

Make sure u clean the surface b4 applying, drys in a couple of hours.

HTH Davey

Run_Ross_Run 29 Dec 2013
In reply to sweenyt:
Have a search on internet. Theres loads of options. Saw one before like a small plastic deflector that was fixed to wall/bath.

Also, type 'Shower splash guard' on amazon dot com. I know its US but there will be uk equiv.

ewar woowar 29 Dec 2013
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

This ^^^
OP sweenyt 29 Dec 2013
In reply to ewar woowar:

Ideal thanks to all.

The silicone variants are worth knowing about, but the splash guards seem to be the better option, I wasn;t sure what to search for, so thanks again for the heads up.

H

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...