UKC

Dripping tap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 earlsdonwhu 30 Dec 2013
Ok plumber types.... I have a bath /shower mixer tap ( Hola) which dripped. I have replaced the ceramic disc unit but dripping persists. It does this through the tap or shower head depending on whether the ' lever' is depressed or not. Any ideas? Thanks.
 balmybaldwin 30 Dec 2013
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

Is it constant, or does it stop after a while? (I ask because mine has a habit of slowly discharging water in the shower head hose until it's empty and then stops indicating the tap itself isn't failing to switch the water off)
 xplorer 30 Dec 2013
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

See if you can take the actual tap heads off. (The bits you turn) there should/could be a screwable nut/bolt. Tighten them and replace tap heads. This has worked for me numerous times on jobs and save the customer getting new taps. I didn't make any money though unfortunately, haha
OP earlsdonwhu 30 Dec 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Seems to be continuous.

In reply to xplorer: Its not the kind of design with separate tap heads. It is a single lever mixer thing... take it off and it exposes the ceramic disc cartridge.

king_of_gibraltar 30 Dec 2013
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

If it's a dual lever then take the little cap which is on top of the lever off (if it's a single lever then turn the stop valve off and pull the lever up), under that you'll find a small screw, undo it and that should allow you to remove the lever. under this you'll find a cog which should have a nut around it, undo that nut and pulling on the cog you should be able to take the cartridge out. Take that cartridge to a plumbing shop and ask for one the same type and replace it.

That'll be 120 quid.

You're welcome.
 xplorer 30 Dec 2013
In reply to king_of_gibraltar:

Bang on!!
In reply to xplorer:

lol! Part time plumber, full time climber :p

Great advice but as in the original post I said that I have already replaced the cartridge so no £120 for you then! I see why you are not a full time plumber!
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

That'll be 350 quid then, new mixer included. *clicks fingers Ali G style*

Minus 5 on 'Rate my Trade' and I am NOT paying any call out fee.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...