UKC

What feel good movie....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 03 Jan 2014
What does the great UKC unwashed suggest I watch this fine evening, while sat in front of the fire?

Action & Adventure or even animated would be most welcome. I loved watching the Croods last week.
 Skyfall 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Well, much to my dismay, I really enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook in a feel good way. Though not action, adventure or animated!
OP The Lemming 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Skyfall:

I'll give it a whirl.

myth 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

The new walter mitty film is pretty good. It has countless flaws but I really enjoyed it.

Silver linings is great too. J Law is great in it too.

Could go for a classic Forrest Gump?

I love The Way Way Back. Again not action though
 wilkie14c 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Threads. Its a rom-com, you'll like it
 Skyfall 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

I don't know why I mention this one as it's total garbage but I loved Pacific Rim for unidentifiable reasons. Well, big robots, monsters, an annoyingly earwormy soundtrack and an all too predictable sort of happy ending to round off the normal plot "arc". The so-called acting, dialogue and plot were rubbish mind
 Choss 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Alpha papa.
Hot fuzz.
Road to Eldorado.
Kikis delivery Service.
Homeward bound.
My cousin Vinny.
Bill and Ted.
In reply to wilkie14c:

> Threads. Its a rom-com, you'll like it

You are a bad man.

Rom-Coms are evil and only for boys trying to show their sensitive side in the hope of a shag.
In reply to Skyfall:

> I don't know why I mention this one as it's total garbage but I loved Pacific Rim for unidentifiable reasons.

I too enjoyed it. Strangely I did not see much rimming.

wilkie14c 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to Skyfall)
>
> [...]
>
> I too enjoyed it. Strangely I did not see much rimming.
oh er mrs!

Try the latest simon pegg movive, end of earth or something, we really enjoyed it.
I'm not into alan partridge but papa alpha was okay for a couple of hours.
Action and true story (ish) was the surpising 'Snitch', quite good and shows how tough the courts are these days in the3 states
 1poundSOCKS 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Skyfall: I really enjoyed Pacfic Rim, but if you loved it, why is it garbage?

Skyfall 03 Jan 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

> Try the latest simon pegg movive, end of earth or something, we really enjoyed it.

Er, wasn't that a Will Smith & Son production? I refused to watch it but do recall the endless self promotion.

> I'm not into alan partridge but papa alpha was okay for a couple of hours.

Yes it was ok. Got slightly bored after a while. Wasn't really v feel good though....

Gravity was rather excellent, action based and arguably feel good but I assume it's not out yet to buy/rent.
Post edited at 16:25
Damo0480 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming

Life Of Pi.

Skyfall 03 Jan 2014
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

> if you loved it, why is it garbage?

There are all sorts of things I like which I know have no real merit. Pacific Rimming was one of them. Suitable only for 10 year olds and adults who never grew up
 Ramblin dave 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

> Action & Adventure or even animated would be most welcome. I loved watching the Croods last week.

On the animation thing:
Spirited Away
Belleville Rendez-Vous
 Yanis Nayu 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Skyfall:

> There are all sorts of things I like which I know have no real merit. Pacific Rimming was one of them. Suitable only for 10 year olds and adults who never grew up

Sounds like adults only to me!
 Yanis Nayu 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

"As Good as it Gets", with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt.
 wilkie14c 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Skyfall:

Worlds end maybe? simon pegg comedy anyway, not the will smith flick <which wasn't too bad TBH>
 Skyfall 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Ah yes, great film and the superb (and strangely attractive) Helen Hunt.
 Skyfall 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
I hate to admit this one as well but I quite enjoyed Battle Los Angeles. Slightly better plot and acting than Pacific Rimming but a bit of an action mess if the truth be told. Still, vaguely enjoyable action with soldiers and aliens etc. Somewhat reminiscent of Independence Day without Will Smith or Goldbloom.
Post edited at 16:43
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

> "As Good as it Gets", with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt.

Its been a while, but I did enjoy that film.
 The New NickB 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

> You are a bad man.

> Rom-Coms are evil and only for boys trying to show their sensitive side in the hope of a shag.

Threads isn't a rom-com, you should watch it, it has a bit of romance, but is a bit short on comedy!
 ripper 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

If you want a bit of action, Drive is on telly tonight - can't remember what channel but starts 10pm iirc
 wilkie14c 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

> Threads isn't a rom-com, you should watch it, it has a bit of romance, but is a bit short on comedy!

spoil sport
 Blue Straggler 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Judgement at Nuremberg
 Blue Straggler 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Glengarry Glen Ross
 Dave Garnett 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> (In reply to The Lemming)
>
> Glengarry Glen Ross

Oh yes, or why not the rib-tickling Schindler's List, or The Road?

My feel-good suggestion would be Shakespeare in Love, which, after years of dismissing on the basis of its obviously soppy title, I saw by accident recently and really enjoyed.

Andrew Wilson 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Once Were Warriors.
 cuppatea 03 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Love Actually. If only for the "ant or Dec" scrne which still makes me grin.

*I've seen it a few times; sometimes the uh hum yes dear of course routine doesn't work and a sacrifice must be made.
In reply to The Lemming: Go watch James May's programme about a Meccano motorbike. A celebration of all that is good in the human spirit in the 21st century middle-aged British man.

T.

Blue Straggler 04 Jan 2014
In reply to Skyfall:

I thought Battle: Los Angeles worked pretty well. I never saw Independence Day but yes there is a clear nod to it, but it had a bit of Black Hawk Down feel to it as well. Could have been shortened a bit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...