UKC

Insulated winter trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 THETWIG007 03 Jan 2014
With a possible trip to Sweden looming I'm looking for advise on some insulated trousers. I won't be climbing / walking just need something warm for general day use? Any advice welcome.
 TobyA 03 Jan 2014
In reply to THETWIG007:

Where exactly? Do you mean sightseeing in Stockholm? In which case some jeans with some longjohns under them will probably be fine if it cold, some jeans with some waterproofs over them if its raining. If you're up in Northern Lapland on husky sleds or some such then I guess you want something padded - but you can probably buy something cheapish in a supermarket there - you definitely can here in Finland.
 peebles boy 03 Jan 2014
In reply to THETWIG007:

Warm as hell, semi-waterproof, quick drying, quite cheap (in comparison to soft shell premium brands), these are my trouser of choice when it gets proper cold:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/kiwi-winter-lined-trousers-reg-p161478?gclid=CN...

Shop around, they're generally on sale a few places at the moment as Craghoppers try to clear last seasons stock.

Cheers,
Gordon
OP THETWIG007 04 Jan 2014
In reply to TobyA:

About 150 Km away from the arctic circle.
 TobyA 04 Jan 2014
In reply to THETWIG007:

Well currently it seems to be above freezing and raining up there, so an umbrella might be best! It's certainly piss-miserable in my part of Scandinavia at the moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...