UKC

Dovedale Groove - Chris Bonnington and Don Whillans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 moac 04 Jan 2014
Found this on UTube. Bonnington leads the route in pumps no less.

youtube.com/watch?v=yRH9SvGQ6Rc&

Enjoy
In reply to moac:

Brilliant.
 Tom Valentine 04 Jan 2014
In reply to moac:

My favourite was the first in the series with Bill Peascod on Eagle Front, unfortunately edited for swearing in some versions.
 Al Evans 04 Jan 2014
In reply to moac:

Thank you, brought back some good memories of my own ascent of Dovedale Groove, we did it in winter but not snow and ice, except that I had to take my boots off and climb the glacis above the crux in socks because of verglas, I just knew those red socks had a use
I did this with Dave Parker and we had to walk back down to the valley in darkness, I remember I kept hitting my shins on the support posts of the fence we followed, and next day they were black and blue.
 chris fox 04 Jan 2014
In reply to moac:

"Champion" !
 Mick Ward 04 Jan 2014
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I loved that as well, especially when Bonington voiced his concern about Peascod's welfare, re carrying on in dire conditions. It was a salutary reminder that humanity matters more than getting up a route - or making a television programme.

By contrast, when Pete was giving Bonington all that slack on the crux of Footless Crow... not quite what you'd want, is it?

Overall, a really good series.

Mick
 Iain Thow 04 Jan 2014
In reply to moac:

Nice to see this again - especially as I watched them filming it (over 2 days!). Excellent series, especially the Peascod one for the reasons mentioned above.
silo 04 Jan 2014
In reply to moac:

Great thanks
 Gav Parker 04 Jan 2014
In reply to moac:

Very good had me chuckling!! The Mrs says I laugh at strange things!!!
 tanssop 04 Jan 2014
In reply to moac:

This is great stuff. Love the banter.
In reply to moac:

Good film. I'll remember to show it to the next person who slags off Bonington as an organizer/snow plodder. He was/is a bloody good rock climber.

I've been dragged up Dovedale Groove. It's desperate. I shudder to think at the idea of doing it with the rope tied around my waist!

TR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...