UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 06 Jan 2014
Welcome to the inaugural UKC Fat club.

Let's hope it doesn't end up being just me whinging about how fat I am (and that instead ends up being lots of people whinging about how fat they are as well).

Similar motivational aim as UKC Fit club. Post whatever you like, so long as it's about general porkiness - how porky you are now, how you tried to reduce your porkiness the previous week - I'm sure you get the drift.

My summary - I'm about 1.5 stone over-weight, and would really rather I wasn't. Main cause is probably drinking too much which in turn makes me eat too much. Having a medical condition that limits the amount of exercise I can do doesn't help.

So - last week, drank much too much, and ate too much.
Current weight 11st 6lb. Aim for current week to drink less and eat less. Simples!

Next....
 Skip 06 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

> Current weight 11st 6lb. Aim for current week to drink less and eat less. Simples!

> Next....
How tall are you?
 Ciderslider 06 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Currently 12stone (maybe just under) 5' 10" need to shed about a stone - gonna cut right back on the beer and try to eat the right stuff - just wanna get rid of the mini muffin and moobs for spring (and The sloth and FBD)
 cfer 06 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

For me its been inactivity thats made me put on weight, 5' 10 and 98 kgs so would like to lose about 18 kgs regardless of what my BMI says I should be that is the weight I am comfortable at.

I have decided to go back to my old ways of not really eating breakfast or lunch, I know people will say this is bad but I did it for 10+ years and it worked for me, with no negative effects, so will try it again.

That and getting out on the bike some more and maybe try and run, although I havent had the enthusiasm for running since college and seem to do it for a month then stop for 3
 ThunderCat 06 Jan 2014
In reply to cfer:

Ok, kicked mine off on New years eve with a weigh in of 21 stone 11 pounds, which is positively bovine and needs addressing.

I thought I'd start a blog diary thing too, to act as the voice of my conscience.

http://thelarddiaries.wordpress.com/

Fatclimber 06 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

So, currently 101Kg at about 6ft. Generally caused by a love of alcohol. Aim to have a dry week and eat a bit more sensibly (all chrismas goodies now consumed).
 Skip 06 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Wow you all make me feel like a skinny git, although i think i need to lose weight.

6'1" and around 12.5 stone
 Fatclimber 06 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Damn. Just been given some Quality Street.
 Choss 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Skip:

> Wow you all make me feel like a skinny git, although i think i need to lose weight.

> 6'1" and around 12.5 stone

You need to eat more pasties, you beanpole.
Tim Chappell 06 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

I'm 5'6 and 13st exactly according to one scales, 13st9 according to the other and probably more reliable scales.

I'm not fat either, just thickset and muscular. No really

Whatever kind of weight it is that I'm carrying, it's finally dawned on me that it would be good for my creaky knees, and my climbing too, if there was less of it.

So I'm scrutinising my diet for pointless sugar, watching portion size, and trying intermittent fasting.

<rumble>

<salivate>
Andy Gamisou 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Skip:

> How tall are you?

5'5"
Andy Gamisou 06 Jan 2014
In reply to ThunderCat:

Looks like you're off to a good start according to your blog
Andy Gamisou 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:
> So, currently 101Kg at about 6ft. Generally caused by a love of alcohol. Aim to have a dry week and eat a bit more sensibly (all chrismas goodies now consumed).

A twin soul indeed.
Post edited at 18:17
 BenJ85 06 Jan 2014
Could be interesting,

Currently 100kgs, 184cm.

Aiming for 85kgs by the end of the year.
 Fatclimber 06 Jan 2014
In reply to ThunderCat:

Love the blog.

Exile 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Skip:

Hi Skip - I'm glad you put that as I too am 6.1 and 12.5 stone, or was over Xmas! I'm aiming to get down to 11 stone, which isn't too light for my build, but will be on the light side! Reason for this is that my climbing progression is slowing down drastically and this would be a good way to kick start it, (been procrastinating about loosing some weight for about two years, but didn't have the motivation while my grade was still going up.)

Anyway, seems to be working - 11 stone 12 pounds this morning and what I'm doing feels sustainable - been doing the below for eight days now.

Things I'm doing:

Try to eat in an eight hr window, (between 12noon and 8pm.) I do have half a pint of milk for breakfast though.
Avoid fat as far as possible, (cheese is my great failing in life!)
Only fruit as snacks between meals, if one is needed.
Allowed one small pudding / treat a day.
Low GI food where possible.
Avoid highly processed food.
Monitor weight each morning and write it down.
Write food down and score day out of three.
Only drink alcohol when in company, no more than twice a week and not to excess, (I'm not a great drinker in any case.)
Avoid too much bread / pasta / potatos / rice.
Try to eat more fruit and veg'.

I already do a reasonable amount of exercise - see fit club.

Exile 07 Jan 2014
In reply to ThunderCat:

Also love the blog - keep it up!
 Fatclimber 08 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Good day for me yesterday. Hit a few milestones. Have broken the 100 kg barrier and have exercised every day for a week. Yesterday was also a.fast day (a bit of an experiment) and that went Ok.
 Choss 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

> Good day for me yesterday. Hit a few milestones. Have broken the 100 kg barrier and have exercised every day for a week. Yesterday was also a.fast day (a bit of an experiment) and that went Ok.

So today you can eat Twice as many pies, bonus :-D
 Exile 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Good effort!
 Fatclimber 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Choss:

No mince pies, but have had two breakfasts! I think getting the day after a fast right is harder than the fast!
 cfer 08 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

For me its been easy, had largish meals around 5pm and a pack of snack a jacks during the day, no hunger issues at all and feeling good.

Now to just get the bike ready and start the gym next week.
 Ciderslider 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Hey Steve, two breakfasts ! You're never gonna cruise those Swanage HVS's
 Fatclimber 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Ciderslider:

Hi Mark,

I know, thats why I'm determined to lose 15Kgs. Although the goal for this year is Munich Climb on Tryfan, as opposed to Swanage.

Not sure I will ever be as svelte as you!
In reply to AndrewW:

5f10 14s11
Just started climbing again after a 20 year lay off ( injury )
Set myself a goal of 6a by the end of the year ( not sure if thats French or English grade yet)
Loosing 2 st should help I reckon, but easier said than done.
 Fatclimber 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Dick, Still a Fat B:

Welcome Dick. Quite a few of us have a lot to lose. Hopefully we can all help each other. Good luck with the 6A.
In reply to Fatclimber:

Thanks

I am hoping reviewing my technique should help too.
In reply to AndrewW:

That was climbing, not eating.
Andy Gamisou 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Dick, Still a Fat B:

> That was climbing, not eating.

Ha ha.
 Mark Kemball 14 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:
5' 7.5" 11st 8lb would like to be just below 11st, was almost 12st a year ago. Not dieting or anything, just watching my weight, exercising and trying to compensate for over indulgence.
In reply to AndrewW:
I'm 5'8" (and a bit) and currently just under 12 stone. I need to lose about half a stone which should be straight forward if i cut out much of the booze and crap and keep up the running. I have at least 1 race per month including 4 halves and a couple of marathons so hopefully all should be good.

I'm quite stocky so my BMI isnt a good measure.

I just like eating cake and crisps, though.
Post edited at 15:02
 waterbaby 15 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

I'm Bridget Jones crying into my Haagen dazs.

Fags smoked- don't know vaped instead and it's not what you think.

Men shagged- 1....wonder how many calories that burned?

Weight gained..............Woohoo LOST 1.4kg- got off my lazy arse finally!

Exercise-LOTS!

You won't hear no moaning from me! (Stop with the filthy thoughts, already!) Game on
 minexplorer 18 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

i dont want to sound rude guys.but as a climber who actually IS FAT,16 stone,all this talk of thinking you're all fat at 11-12 stone...seriously? am i mis reading this,is it a spoof thread?
 BenJ85 18 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Everyone on the thread is talking about the same thing, loosing weight and getting fitter.

Where ever you start the journey is irrelevant. I started at nearly 200 and now weigh less that you. Do count as serious?
Andy Gamisou 18 Jan 2014
In reply to minexplorer:
> i dont want to sound rude guys.but as a climber who actually IS FAT,16 stone,all this talk of thinking you're all fat at 11-12 stone...seriously? am i mis reading this,is it a spoof thread?

You don't have to be morbidly obese to want to be slimmer, especially if you have ambitions in an activity in which power to weight plays an important part (such as climbing). For myself I have an ever sortening window in which to improve, and improve I want to. Having massively improved my technique over the last few years, and with diminishing gains to had by getting stronger, my obvious weakness is being 20 lbs heavier (fatter) than I was 15 years ago, so this is what I need to focus on to achieve my goals. Hope that's OK with you
Post edited at 12:27
 Choss 18 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Isnt it week 3 this week???
Andy Gamisou 18 Jan 2014
In reply to Choss:

Yes.
 minexplorer 18 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

of course it is mate.i was just amused that no one actually seemed to be fat.id give my soul to be 11-12 stone again,alas my love of ale in middle age seems to be winning.its true though what difference even 20 lbs can make.theres stuff that i cant get up now,get pumped out on.that 2 years ago when i was 14 1/2 stone i breezed up.
 Mark Kemball 18 Jan 2014
In reply to minexplorer:

It's far too easy to put on weight once you're over 40. At 58, it's something I need to be careful about. Harder work walking up hills to the crag, harder to pull on steep stuff etc. I'd like to loose half a stone or so as I said above, but the most important thing is not to gain any. (Or quickly loose any Christmas gains.)
I find it's very useful to regularly check my weight, and if it starts to creep up a little, ease back on the input - less chocolate, booze, or snacks while watching T.V.

So yes, I may be 11st 8lb ish, but body weight is still a serious issue.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...