/ climbing shoe stickiness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gunbo - on 06 Jan 2014
Hey folks bought new climbing shoes on the weekend what is the best way to keep them sticky? My old ones had worn out in the toes so I tried various methods to make them stickier from roughing up with sand paper and cleaning with thinners/methaleted spirit and warming up did not seem to make any diffrence. I've seeen people hanging shoes off one another how do they get that much friction and stick
SteveoS - on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to gunbo:

Magnets!

I use warm soapy water.
gunbo - on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to SteveoS:

I kept myold ones clean and grime free and wiped them down after each outing was wondering if that was was ok thanks for reply
toasted - on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to gunbo:

Also you can "squeak" your shoes. Before each climb clean the toe area carefully with a bit of spit then rub them dry and rub hard with your thumb so that they Squeak.
alooker - on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to toasted:

As toasted said, squeak them! They work better and stops extra grime getting on the rock.
gunbo - on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to gunbo:

I usually carry a clean beer towel to wipe the soles off snd stand on bevore climbing ill try spit the next time im out.
Simos on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to gunbo:

Warm soapy water seem to have improved grip on mine (ok ok I admit, I just showered with them lol). I think you need to be careful not to use hot water though as it can damaged them.

Pro tip: don't chuck them on the bath mat after you are done as the colour will bleed on the mat and you will have some explaining to do :)
ads.ukclimbing.com
gunbo - on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to gunbo:

Yeah after some wet trad sessions my feet have been right orange my new ones are bright yellow oh dear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.