UKC

Flower or Pietersen: place your votes....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 07 Jan 2014

Media suggests that they can no longer abide each other and one of them has to go.

Which would you sack?

I'd dump Pietersen. Not scoring that many runs, appears to disrupt other team members and is reaching the end of his career anyway at 33.

Choss 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Sack the whole team. Theyre rubbish.
 Yanis Nayu 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Sack the one that's not English...
In reply to Postmanpat:

> I'd dump Pietersen. Not scoring that many runs,

But was still the highest scorer on the disastrous Ashes series (for England.)

Bulls Crack 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Flower. Surely the coach must be largely responsible for the insular tactics and lack of spirit. Cook stays in but not as captain and make Broad or Prior the cap
 Bobling 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

I just had a delicious image of a sun flower in a nice pot being wheeled out to face Mitchell...
 Al Evans 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> Flower. Surely the coach must be largely responsible for the insular tactics and lack of spirit. Cook stays in but not as captain and make Broad or Prior the cap

Prior can't even keep wicket decently now, I'd let Bairstow have a run at it.
 Dave Garnett 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Haven't we been here before with Moores? And Strauss?
 michaelb1 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Pietersen as vice captain? If Flower doesn't like that he has to go. England need a bit more devil about them, not a group of yes men to Flower. I'm just repeating Warne and Vaughan's views, but they are usually right.
 spidermonkey09 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:
Flower has denied the lot of it this morning but if it true, he has to go. A coach that has just lost 5-0 can't be making ultimatums. It was making them that got KP sacked a few years back. KP is still world class, would be mental to get rid of him.
Post edited at 10:12
In reply to michaelb1:

Warne and Vaughan usually right?! Now that is controversial...
 michaelb1 08 Jan 2014
In reply to spidermonkey09: yes, both come across a bit laddish sometimes, but very sound cricket brains. Warne a good captain for Hants and would have been for Aus if not for certain misdemeanours... Warne has been very critical of England through 2013 saying they were boring and never took risks and basically was right. They played their best cricket under Vaughan. Flower has done very well with England but looks shot & as you say shouldn't be making ultimatums about Pietersen (if that's true of course!) as he was the guy in charge in Aus.

In reply to michaelb1:

I dunno so much, I don't see Vaughan as a journalist, hes a headline chaser as far as I'm concerned. Agree hes got a great cricket brain but sometimes he doesn't engage it before he opens his mouth. I cannot take Warne seriously when he has his head so far up Michael Clarke's arse! I thought the criticism over the summer was harsh, we did win 3-0 after all...
contrariousjim 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Both should go! But agree about Pietersen.
 michaelb1 08 Jan 2014
In reply to spidermonkey09: 3 nil was part of the problem really. 2-1 or 2-2 would have provided a bit more of a reality check and they'd have been less complacent going to Australia. Still shouldn't complain about a win...

Vaughan might be the above and I hate the ' brand of cricket' phrase but he is calling it right making KP vice captain and asking him to help build a new team for 2015. Assuming that he (Peitersen) doesn't just say stuff it and go for the IPL millions instead which would be understandable.

Chris the Tall 08 Jan 2014
In reply to spidermonkey09:

> A coach that has just lost 5-0 can't be making ultimatums.

Particularly if he is trying to shift the blame onto the highest run-maker in the series

Yes it's a team sport and KP might be a negative factor in the dressing room, but they need to manage that and I'm not sure they can afford to discard him at this stage.
In reply to michaelb1:

All I can say for Vaughan is that I would (just) prefer to read him than Agnew...I can't help reading his columns but everytime I wish I hadn't bothered!

Yeah I'd have no problem with KP being VC. Although if I were him I'd be seriously tempted to sack it off and go to the IPL, he gets a lt of undue flack from the UK media/public.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...