UKC

Bizzare sudden loss of finger strength

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jayboy 09 Jan 2014
Last night I was so tired I fell asleep on the floor on top of my forearm for about 15 minutes. When I woke up I had a dead arm. When the blood returned and I could feel my hand again something didn't feel right. It just felt weak in the forearm and my fingers felt a bit weird. I do one arm dead hangs throughout the day on door frames for 3 seconds on each arm. When it came round to doing it on right all was fine, but then on my left (the one I fell asleep on) I couldn't even pull off the floor. I tried jumping into it but I just came straight down. My fingers just uncurl. It feels so weak in my forearm and fingers. Its been 24 hours now and no sign of it getting better. Im beginning to panic now that I may have to pack in climbing if I cant fix it...
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Jayboy:

Doctor?
 The Potato 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Jayboy:

at a guess, transient nerve damage? should return to normal given time, how much time, nobody knows...
 deacondeacon 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Jayboy:
Tug it back to strength!
 crayefish 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Jayboy:
I have had similar (and to a lesser extent) occasionally. I sleep on my front and occasionally when my arm is high up the circulation cuts off (due to issues with my shoulder) and rhe next morning I can't feel or move and takes half an hour to get proper feeling back. Fo part the day I have no grip strength too. But never had any problems when I haven't slept awkwardly. If its more than one (maybe two) days, I personally wouldn't see a doctor. But anything after I certainly would. Having said that if you're at all worried its good to see a doc just in case. Most likely nothing but doesn't hurt to check.
Post edited at 00:46
OP Jayboy 10 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Thanks for the advice. Its still pretty bad today. Ill wait until tomorow to see before I go doctors...
 crayefish 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Jayboy:

Still bad? That's the second day now right? Has it got slightly better or just exactly the same?
OP Jayboy 10 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Its the same
 crayefish 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Jayboy:

Hmmm... doesn't sound like what I had then if it's not decreased with time. Prob best to see a doc.
 The Potato 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Jayboy:

keep us posted on progress

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...