UKC

Quent's Dyno - Stoney.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Craig_M 17 Sep 2003
I'm well aware that dynos are often height dependent, but is Quent's really B8? You're going from good holds to an enormous one and you really would need to be a midget to not be able to make the jump. Or am I missing something?
 Adam Lincoln 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Craig_M:

You are supposed to use specific footholds for the B8 version. Which does make it harder
Carnage 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Craig_M: Also, the Attitude Inspector at Burbage - B8!!?????

The flake dyno at Rowtor B9??!!!

Come off it!!
Craig_M 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Done it by all the combinations I could think of that looked reasonable, still felt easy.
 Adam Lincoln 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Carnage:

V7 is right for AI
 Simon 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Craig_M:

Jeezus, whats this big heads convention...?

Why state that something is so easy without offering a different grade?

Anyone can say "oh thats a peice of piss"

Adders 17 Sep 2003
by - daveP on - 11 Sep 2003 - on stoney thread

not many people (if any) actaully do quents dyno -me included. basically everyone i've seen do to gets the listed handholds, stands into the crack and break ane jumps. Its a bit commiting at first but its easy really and worth about B6. However this isn't really quents dyno. What the rockfax guide fails to point out is that it actually goes off specific footholds as well as specific handholds.

If you can get hold of the old peak boldering guide (myres) its got a grawing which illustrates is well. Below the break for you right outside edge theres a clusters of crystel-like knobbles, and then you use edge of the crack (obvious poffed bit) level with this for left toe. Watch One Summer, i'm pretty sure this is what Pritchard is using on it. I've never tried it this "real" way i have to say but does look closer to proper B8 cos you've got to jump further and the footholds are not ledges.

Carnage 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Are you serious? Just for a quick comparison, that would make it (in V grades) one grade easier than, say Midnight Lightning???
 Adam Lincoln 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Carnage:

Hey, i dont care to be honest...

If you find it hard fine, if you find it easy then take it as either suiting you, or jsut a soft touch

Either way just go out and climb
Craig_M 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Simon:

Why don't you climb down off your high horse for a moment, I'll spot you. I was merely trying to see if there was a concencus that it was overgraded, not trying to be big headed. I'm aware that it is one of those problems that should be easy for me, being 6'4", but I just couldn't see where it would be hard. You want me to offer a grade? how about B5?
Carnage 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Thats fair enuff. It just strikes me that peak grades seem soft when you take yourself off to other places. US, Font etc.....
Craig_M 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Adders:

Actually, the Myers guide shows the footholds as being the crystals for your right foot and the polished hold in the break for your left. I have a copy and checked this last night.
m@ 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Carnage:

"peak grades seem soft when you take yourself off to other places. US, Font etc....."

hardly a revelation, now is it!

m@
 nature boy 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Carnage: mate the attitude inspector is nails if you're short....
DENVER 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Craig_M:

I thought you'd be after every B-point you could get your hands on not downgrading stuff
Craig_M 17 Sep 2003
In reply to DENVER:

You obviously have me confused with the shallow, grade chasing reflection in your mirror. Except I'm clearly better dressed.
DENVER 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Craig_M:

i dont chase the grades the grades chase me sweety.

as for being better dressed ROLFLFOORLLAOWELMMAALOA (or words to that effect)
 Simon 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Craig_M:

I like you...you talk what comes out of my arse...

DENVER 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Simon:

badger the snake like one to give you a lift to pex hill this weekend
Craig_M 17 Sep 2003
In reply to Simon:

What's your problem? Have I done something to upset you? Or are you just another irksome little prick looking for an argument?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...