UKC

Donations to MRT via CAF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mockerkin 11 Jan 2014
Over Xmas I sent a donation on behalf of a friend to her local MRT via the internet, via CAF as she doesn't have internet. This caused lots of confusion with CAF sending contradictory replies and communications. It was sorted in the end and had been perhaps due to the Xmas rush to donate to various causes.
Has anyone else had problems with CAF? Who runs them, do they take a fee for their services etc. I will look them up later.
 Dave B 11 Jan 2014
In reply to mockerkin:

Never had a problem myself, apart from trying to add a charity. They are pretty good generally. They take a very small percentage (a few pence) of the amount I put in each month (tens of pounds, not hundreds) to the account, but then sort out all the gift aid for the charity that you donate to.
 imkevinmc 11 Jan 2014
In reply to mockerkin:

Never had a problem, do five or six charities a month. But always anonymous, otherwise charities waste money writing to thank you and explaining their work. My employer pays CAF charges as I donate via GAYE.
In reply to mockerkin:

Never had any problems and always excellent over the four years or so I have had an account. Once they "stopped" a CAF cheque being cashed and referred back to me first when an attempt was made to cash by a different payee to that on the cheque.
4% is the charge of all monies added to my CAF account (unless over about £19000 or so per yr!) - part goes to CAF as a fee, part to CAF as a contribution and part to the NVCO as a contribution. Always do it anon to stop charities writing once they have your details.
Further info can be search from https://www.cafonline.org/default.aspx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...