UKC

Adding polls to the forum, Yes or No?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FreshSlate 11 Jan 2014
I'd put a poll here but I can't .

Just think it's a useful feature myself.
 Philo22 12 Jan 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

I see a number of issues:

1. Having a straight yes/no answer scenario rather takes away from the debating aspect i.e what a forum is supposed to be all about.

2. If everyone started posting polls on all manner of subjects, people would quickly get bored of participating.

trouserburp 12 Jan 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

No
 balmybaldwin 12 Jan 2014
In reply to trouserburp:

No
 Yanis Nayu 12 Jan 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

No
 Run_Ross_Run 12 Jan 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

How about a like button.
 crayefish 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

> On those results, we have now done thread-tracking and reply alert. Mobile -friendly version is going to take longer but we will get there.

Look forward to both those changes!
OP FreshSlate 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Philo22:
> I see a number of issues:

> 1. Having a straight yes/no answer scenario rather takes away from the debating aspect i.e what a forum is supposed to be all about.

That will never happen in a forum that has hundred post threads with walls of text about the Scottish referendum, compulsory insurance for cyclists/climbers etc etc. Other forums have polls yet healthy debate, there's no link here.

> 2. If everyone started posting polls on all manner of subjects, people would quickly get bored of participating.

They might get over-used for about a week or so then things will settle down. Polls will be attached to threads, they will simply add another dimension to something that would have been posted anyway.

I don't really see any downside. The only thing I can think off is that UKC might not feel it's worth the time to implement it.
Post edited at 18:49

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...