UKC

The Bridge Series 2 (BBC4)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 11 Jan 2014
Class!
 dek 11 Jan 2014
In reply to kevin stephens:

> Class!

Isn't it just?!.....but on a Saturday night!!
In reply to dek:

Yes, but you can watch it on I-player too. Highly recommended for those who missed the first episodes
 Ander 12 Jan 2014

I think episodes 1&2 are coming down soon. Watch 'em as soon as possible!
 ebygomm 12 Jan 2014

It amuses me how many of the actors are recycled between the different Danish programmes.
 Tom Valentine 12 Jan 2014

Only got into it last week. Watched half a dozen on catchup as well and am now a devoted Saga fan. Quirkiest female lead I've seen for some time.
 yorkshireman 12 Jan 2014
In reply to ebygomm:

> It amuses me how many of the actors are recycled between the different Danish programmes.

Try this handy cut out and keep guide.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/picture/2013/nov/17/six-degrees-of-...

I've just heard that Sky have remade it based on the first series story (which I really enjoyed) but set in the Channel Tunnel. Inevitably it was remade in the US too based on the border crossing between El Passo and Juarez.
 full stottie 13 Jan 2014

Bra! Absolut!
Takk
> Class!

Tom Valentine 13 Jan 2014
In reply to full stottie:

According to episode 4, F*ck me is the same in both our languages.

Joking aside, what IS the default language? not that I'd know the difference.
 ebygomm 13 Jan 2014
The danish people speak danish and the swedish people speak swedish
 digby 13 Jan 2014
In reply to dek:
> Isn't it just?!.....but on a Saturday night!!

Some of us DON'T go out! So generally we are condemned to the sh***st tv of the week. It's nice to have something decent to watch.

But I think I might be getting a little fed up with the quirkiness now. What started as attractive is turning into cliché. Plot twists come along as regularly as buses. I'm beginning to feel used!

And what cop would prejudice the investigation by acting on his own to confront one of the eco-terrorists? Didn't buy that plot twist.

Still, it does look lush in HD on a 50" tv!
Post edited at 16:21

It's excellent. I watched the first series of The Tunnel before watching The Bridge and both are great. not fussed with the American versions.

Series 2 of The Bridge is excellent so far.
Andy Gamisou 13 Jan 2014
 Tom Valentine 13 Jan 2014
In reply to ebygomm:
Do you mean that in inter-national conversations (eg Saga to Martin) they speak their own lingo and expect the people from across the water to "keep up"?

Am waiting for Martin to complain to Saga ; " F*cking Swedes!Pig ignorant! You'll be jibbering away in a bar in Danish and when we walk in you all revert to f*cking Swedish......"

Or vice versa.
 Mikkel 13 Jan 2014
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> Do you mean that in inter-national conversations (eg Saga to Martin) they speak their own lingo and expect the people from across the water to "keep up"?

That is usually how it works.

I am Danish but live in the UK, and in my job i deal with people in Sweden and Norway, i usually speak Danish to them and they speak Norwegian / Swedish to me.

At my old work place, another international company, i remember 4 of us having a conversation, where all of us spoke a different language, Norwegina, Swedish, Danish and English (for some reason one of the Swedes was speaking English) Confused our Scottish boss big time

Just gets better and better!
andymac 26 Jan 2014
Haven't seen this yet.

Must start watching though.

Was reading about Saga yesterday.sounds like she's as wet as an otters pocket.permanently
Post edited at 09:47
 Tom Valentine 26 Jan 2014
In reply to andymac:

Must be that baccy she keeps chewing.

Finished; awesome!
 ebygomm 01 Feb 2014

I'm still waiting for the last episode on iplayer. Normally the 10pm episode is available from 11.15 ish but episode 10 still says coming soon.
 PeterM 02 Feb 2014

3rd season being written.
 Kimono 02 Feb 2014
In reply to ebygomm:
i think there's something up with iplayer…they still haven't put the 6 nations games up from hours ago
Post edited at 01:21
 Tom Valentine 02 Feb 2014

"Top notch" #10 @ 18.50

steve taylor 04 Feb 2014
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Bloody hell - what an ending. This has kept me going since the first episode and blew The Tunnel (which I really enjoyed) out of the water!
 lithos 04 Feb 2014
In reply to steve taylor:

poor Pernille :0(
 JamButty 04 Feb 2014

Just caught up on the last two episodes last night - was quite disappointed with the ending as it left too many things open, particularly not finding whatshernames body and the person who shot her.

what a cow grassing him up n'all!

Overall a brilliant thriller but let down a bit at the end....

Lusk 04 Feb 2014
In reply to JamButty:

> what a cow grassing him up n'all!

She couldn't help herself, could she though.
Damn that Asperger's!

I did the whole 10 hours on Sunday till 4 in the morning, good stuff.

In reply to JamButty:
Yes but loose ends are needed for a third series, angst ridden scenes of Saga meeting Martin in prison so he can help her efforts to find the shooter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...