UKC

Dissatisfaction with personalised photo product

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 12 Jan 2014
I bought a personalised jigsaw for my dad's Christmas using Boots online. The original photo is his Grandson standing in in a pile of bright orange and yellow Autumn leaves. The jigsaw I received is darker and the leaves are brown and dull.
Is this an inevitable part of online transfer of photos or should I complain?
interdit 12 Jan 2014
In reply to aln:
Did you read the T&Cs when you bought the gift?

Boots Photo Terms and Conditions

6.5 Notice of Defects
(3) Please note that only technical inadequacies, which were avoidable with the technology available is considered a defect, but does not include aspects of personal taste. Differences in colour between the images and the original image data are not a defect.

http://www.bootsphoto.com/boots/termsandconditionspopup

Also,

> The original photo is his Grandson standing in in a pile of bright orange and yellow Autumn leaves.

Are you talking about a printed image or viewing the image on a screen?
If printed, was it printed by Boots? If so then you may be able to persuade them that it was reasonable to expect the jigsaw to look similar.

If it's on a screen then have you calibrated it? If not then you may be looking at images differently to everyone else, including any photo printers.
Post edited at 09:03
OP aln 12 Jan 2014
In reply to interdit:

> Did you read the T&Cs when you bought the gift?

>

> Boots Photo Terms and Conditions

> 6.5 Notice of Defects

> ...

> (3) Please note that only technical inadequacies, which were avoidable with the technology available is considered a defect, but does not include aspects of personal taste. Differences in colour between the images and the original image data are not a defect.

> Also,

> Are you talking about a printed image or viewing the image on a screen?

> If printed, was it printed by Boots?

I didn't look at the T+C's unfortunately, so thanks for that. I haven't had the photo printed. It was taken on my phone and bluetoothed to a Galaxy tab. I've also connected the phone to a library PC. On all 3 screens it looks much the same, which is how I remember the scene at the time. In fact the colour of the leaves was the reason I took the photo.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...