UKC

Agatha Bloody Christie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 12 Jan 2014
When are we going to stop the tedium of endless repeats of Poirot, Miss Marple and other Agatha Chtistie etc that seem to be dominating ITV iplayer at the moment. I can stand one or two but we are getting several in one day, I never thought much of them the first time around so why is ITV 3 pushing them down our throats at a great rate of knots yet again.
I know this sounds like a rant but when there is so much crap on TV at the moment why choose to saturate the medium with many shown episodes of a boring series, there are lots of other old fresher series that ITV could choose.
I personally love the repeats of The Royal and Heartbeat.
And why are some pay only and some free? There seems neither rhyme nor reason to the way they are selected.
 PaulTanton 12 Jan 2014
Turn the telly off mate.

In reply to Al Evans:

You've lost me Al.

You have issue with repeats of Poirot, Miss Marple and other Agatha Christie but you do not have issue with repeats of The Royal and Heartbeat.

Is that the gist?
OP Al Evans 12 Jan 2014
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:
Well yes, I do think Agatha Christie has dated far more, also The Royal and Heartbeat are not force fed, also they are set in Yorkshire, which is why I prefer Emmerdale to Coronation St.
Though I also like Doc Martin and that is set in Devon, but that could have something to do with Carolyn Catz which is also why I like The Vice and Murder in Suburbia.
Oh I forgot she is also in DCI Banks, another favourite but more for Stephen Tomkinson who I got to know in Wild at Heart, a series I really loved that has now been shelved. I think both he and Carolyn are in the next series of DCI Banks which is currently being made.
Post edited at 11:25
 Blue Straggler 12 Jan 2014
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:

Yes, he likes repeats of things that he likes, but he doesn't like repeats of things that he doesn't like!
OP Al Evans 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

THat is only partially true, I don't like overexposure of anything, especially things I don't like.
OP Al Evans 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

And anyhow she is not an Arthur Conan Doyle, but more the Mills and Boon of crime mysteries.
 Blue Straggler 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

> THat is only partially true, I don't like overexposure of anything, especially things I don't like.

Best not go to Fawksey's flickr page then
 The New NickB 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Stop watching ITV3, it is a repeats channel, what do you expect?
Rosco P Coltrane 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Try Murder She Wrote spice yer life up a bit. Some of it's a bit racy so be careful not to choke on your Werthers.
 Fraser 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Generally speaking, ITV is rubbish. Choose a better channel or are you quite restricted in Spain with your options of British tv? Why not try the Spanish channels - surely there must be something watchable?
 Yanis Nayu 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

> Well yes, I do think Agatha Christie has dated far more, also The Royal and Heartbeat are not force fed, also they are set in Yorkshire, which is why I prefer Emmerdale to Coronation St.

> Though I also like Doc Martin and that is set in Devon, but that could have something to do with Carolyn Catz which is also why I like The Vice and Murder in Suburbia.

> Oh I forgot she is also in DCI Banks, another favourite but more for Stephen Tomkinson who I got to know in Wild at Heart, a series I really loved that has now been shelved. I think both he and Carolyn are in the next series of DCI Banks which is currently being made.

I love the DCI Banks books, but I really disliked the TV series, mostly because of Tomkinson's appalling acting!
 Chris the Tall 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

ITV is crap, always has been.

You ought to watch more BBC, the Bridge and Sherlock are particularly good at the moment
 Oceanrower 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

> Though I also like Doc Martin and that is set in Devon,

Congratulations. You've just upset approximately half a million Cornish people.
OP Al Evans 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

I love Sherlock, but isn't The Bridge the one with subtitles, I can't do subtitles.
OP Al Evans 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Oceanrower:

> Congratulations. You've just upset approximately half a million Cornish people.

Sorry I know it's in Port Issac, but the borders are a bit fuzzy around there.
 mbh 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:
It's miles from the border Al but never mind.

I have only the vaguest of notions of the whereabouts of northern (from my perspective) places like Blackburn, The North York Moors, Leeds, Wigan, Stockport, Stockton (are they the same thing?) etc, never mind of all these crags people keep talking about on here for some reason.
Post edited at 16:46
OP Al Evans 12 Jan 2014
In reply to mbh:

Well except that Devon and Cornwall, north and south are the most confusing county borders in England.
 Yanis Nayu 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

I reckon it's on a river.
 Chris the Tall 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

It's very simple, in Cornwall it's jam on the scone, followed by the cream, whereas in Devon the cream goes on first, then the jam.

However I do reckon that Bude ought to be in Devon because it's part of the culm coast
 mbh 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

I thought it was more to do with where you put the crimp on the pastie.
 Clarence 12 Jan 2014
In reply to mbh:

I thought that was a euphemism...
In reply to Al Evans:

www.netflix.com
In reply to Al Evans:

Going to see this;

https://www.canberratheatrecentre.com.au/site/what-is-on.php?detail=a-murde...

For my daughter's 19th Birthday.

We introduced her to classic "whodunnits" at an early age, it helped her English skills immensely.
abseil 13 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

I nominate this for the best thread title of 2014 [so far].

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...