UKC

suggestions for mountain routes/ long days N Wales this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 woodsy 15 Jan 2014
Will be in N Wales fri-sun & am looking for a bit of inspiration.
Would ideally like 2 long days on easy mountain routes & 1 more valley based day.
I would be grateful for any suggestions other than the obvious slabs, continuation, milestone, east buttress combinations, bearing in mind the weather, time of year etc. etc.
Ta
Woodsy
In reply to woodsy:

A good book I use is called 'Scrambles and Easy Climbs in Snowdonia' by Jon Sparks. Its about £12 and well worth it. It has single routes and then what it calls 'expedition days' where it links together several routes within an area.

Failing that Cneiffion Arete is a cracker, as is Clogwyn y Person arete.
OP woodsy 15 Jan 2014
In reply to mh554:

cheers, yeh I thought someone might suggest that book- I have the lakes one but not the snowdonia one.
Have done cneiffion a few times but not clogwyn y person. Maybe looking for something a bit more technical but aware many of the mountain crags might not be in nic.
Any other suggestions folks?
 BnB 15 Jan 2014
In reply to woodsy:

Cwfryw Arete with Table Direct start? Only just VDiff (average grade more like Diff) but excellent sustained interest with a beutiful walk-in. I did late December so it'll be good in January. It's in the Sparks book.
 Bulls Crack 15 Jan 2014
In reply to woodsy:

Cwm Silyn/Nantelle Ride via Originbal Route or Outside Edge is a grand day out.
OP woodsy 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

cheers guys- those sound interesting...
 ianstevens 15 Jan 2014
In reply to woodsy:

Whatever you chose, I'd pack your brolly.
OP woodsy 15 Jan 2014
In reply to ianstevens:

it doesn't look so bad
OP woodsy 16 Jan 2014
In reply to woodsy:

I dont suppose there is anyone around bolton/rossendale who would be willing to lend me the j sparks book for the weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...