UKC

Takes a lot to make me weep

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 18 Jan 2014
But I did when I read this this morning:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541111/Body-young-boy-recovered-Fi...
It's so heartbreaking when a child goes missing; even more so when a parent comes under suspicion.
 Yanis Nayu 18 Jan 2014
In reply to FesteringSore:

Yep, sad news indeed.
 csw 18 Jan 2014

Dead kids are always distressing, but everybody close to them is under suspicion. Speculation regarding guilt is inappropriate and somewhat distasteful at this point.
OP FesteringSore 18 Jan 2014
In reply to csw:

>Speculation regarding guilt is inappropriate and somewhat distasteful at this point.
I am aware of that but there have been so many cases where a family member or close "friend" has been involved(Philpotts, April Jones &c)

Freddie 1 18 Jan 2014

I feel the same. I've been out looking for the last 2 evenings and this morning's news was a real kick in the teeth. So, so sad...
 csw 18 Jan 2014

True, and the reported circumstances look suspicious to say the least, but to be honest [and I'm not talking about you here] when people start with the speculation on fora like these, it just makes me think of a crowd masturbating over a corpse. The fascination people seem to have with events like this, strikes me as pretty sick - and coming from me that's saying a lot.
 Yanis Nayu 18 Jan 2014
In reply to csw:

> True, and the reported circumstances look suspicious to say the least, but to be honest [and I'm not talking about you here] when people start with the speculation on fora like these, it just makes me think of a crowd masturbating over a corpse. The fascination people seem to have with events like this, strikes me as pretty sick - and coming from me that's saying a lot.

While I agree that speculation and discussion about these things is at best unhelpful, I think that's a bit harsh!
 csw 18 Jan 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

You're probably right, but I have my own reasons to find this distressing.
 Yanis Nayu 18 Jan 2014
In reply to csw:

Understood.
In reply to Freddie 1:

> I've been out looking for the last 2 evenings and this morning's news was a real kick in the teeth. So, so sad...

That makes me sad for you and everybody else who have tried to find him. Best wishes.

csw 18 Jan 2014

> That makes me sad for you and everybody else who have tried to find him. Best wishes.

Amen
Six o'clock news showed a senior copper making a statement. He appeared quite upset. Whatever we think about the police this sort of thing must be just as heartbreaking for them.

Ten o'clock news suggested further development by 10:30
 off-duty 18 Jan 2014

33 year old woman charged. All seems very sad.
 Sharp 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:

> I feel the same. I've been out looking for the last 2 evenings...

Good for you for getting out and trying to find him. I'm often guilty of focusing on the worst of our culture's attitudes and behaviour but despite the sadness of the whole thing it was heartwarming to see the initial response from the public. No knee jerk reactions or jeremy vine style judgmental criticism of the mother, just hundreds of strangers going out onto the streets to look for someones kid. Very sad that it's ended like this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...