UKC

Conditions: Skye and Cullin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack B 22 Jan 2014
So I'm spending this weekend in the Glenbrittle hut. Anyone been up on the ridge recently? What are the conditions like? How much effort should I put into scrounging some tech axes?
 Cameron94 22 Jan 2014
In reply to Jack B:

Check Mike Lates blog on his website and user profile on here.
 Mike Lates 22 Jan 2014
In reply to Jack B:

hi jack
not great for winter last weekend sadly. like everyone we're waiting for a freeze to return. there was a good quantity at the north end and we did a few routes on the friday but had all given up on tops by sunday. 3 of us climbed the cioch while others drytooled or enjoyed coastal walks.
we left water on for you as no freeze likely but it has a habit of getting air locks when it rains hard. i'll e-mail you with quickest solution.
mike
OP Jack B 22 Jan 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

Cheers Mike. Very useful blog by the way, I was looking at it last week (after being wrongly accused of putting up that new route), but somehow didn't think to check it.
 Mike Lates 22 Jan 2014
In reply to Jack B:

Not sure how trustworthy any forecast can be with strength of winds on Friday but Saturday does actually look cold and possibility of a fresh coating. May be worth staying optimistic about something mixed. Will try to get a shot of the north end tomorrow and put up here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...