UKC

Another Dominican dilemma!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
0Unknown0 30 Jan 2014
Yes yes I know, I tend to come to this community to assist me in reasoning out personal issues in my life and some of you do not like that, or at least enjoy bitching at me for coming here with personal issues but tough, I find reasoning amongst the madness here.
So I have been living in the city away from my daughter for a long time now, although I see her every weekend when I am not working, I do not get to be a real father as I am used to by taking her to school every day, homework, just giving her a kiss goodnight, every night.
I now have a dilemma that I might be able to get back with her mother and resolve our relationship, but this would mean reducing my income by 50% and moving to the campo where she now lives.
I work in the city all week just waiting for the weekend to be with my daughter, that's pretty much my life and the only reason I a am still here. To see her every day would be wonderful. We can survive very poorly on 50% of my salary and my life would become very reduced yet my daughters would not change.
Am I crazy for considering risking our financial future over being with my daughter? I will be unable to save ANY money and be living hand to mouth. Is this irresponsible of me, selfish whatever?

I really need some input to assist me resolving this dilemma as the final decision is final, I can not go back once I make that leap into the campo, I will not have the funds to come back and start again myself.
uberdude 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Dominicandave:

It is irresponsible, finance is not everything, but I certainly wouldn't be financially crippling myself for this - I see it that 1 - things are very likely to go pear shaped and 2 - you are living for a reason - you are enjoying the fact that you look forward to see her at weekends - without this life may be become monotonus and before you know it, everyone is sick of each other.

Strive to do better, there must be other solutions? Eggs all in one basket are never a good idea, its a bad gamble, clearly only my opinion, but you asked, and I'm half guessing by reading between the lines.

Being separated from her mother in the first place is an issue you seriously need to consider and the reasons why you would be trying to make it a go need to be mutual.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
abseil 31 Jan 2014

Can you bring your daughter and her mother to the city?

Anyway good luck Dave.
 RichardP 31 Jan 2014

This maynot be acceptable, but one solution, is that you work away from home,

basically you leave home on the Monday morning and spend the week in the city. on a Friday afternoon you go home to the campo.

I obviously don't know the distances, or what the commute would be like.
Also there is a thing about trust

good luck
0Unknown0 31 Jan 2014
Thank you all, primary post made me think clear, but you know when you don't want to hear stuff.......... Proximo post, yeh, but that is how it is now. I just feel I need to see my daughter every day. I know it must sound weird but I really need to see she is ok, every day, just to be sure she's alright.
Campo here is pretty tough, absolutely normal for 10 year old kids to be pregnant, maybe now you can understand a little more. My choices are purely selfless on this, I have no issue with making my life sh1t to make sure she gets to university.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...