UKC

Business Electricity and Gas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CW Mickey 31 Jan 2014
We are in the process of reviewing our electricity and gas providers and rates and I was just wondering what people's experiences are with this and also if people wouldn't mind posting what rates they are paying for electricity and gas (/kwh) and any standing charges. I know they will always base their quotes on your annual usage so that would also be useful information. Our building is 13,000 sqft so obviously takes a fair bit of lighting and heating! I'm basically just after information on what is a fair quote.

Cheers in advance,

Mickey
J1234 31 Jan 2014
In reply to CW Mickey:

I would recommend you make a spread sheet up, with an estimate of your annual usage, with fields for cost per KWh or therm or whatever and Standing charge, because what you really want to know is what it will cost you for x amount of electricity/gas over a year, and the sales people tend not to tell you that.
Paulshaw 01 Feb 2014
In reply to CW Mickey:

Shop around you will save, but watch out for contract terms, I have a smaller building only 2500 sq foot. And british gas got us on contract that we have to give them 3 months notice to cancel or change providers. And I missed the 3 month dead line. So stuck . But I shopped around and every one was happy to beat british gas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...