UKC

Lake District Accomidation next weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
RichieBizzle 06 Feb 2014
So due to appalling conditions I have cancelled my week away in the Pyrenees and instead am just going to head up to the lakes for 3 nights next weekend to see if there are any gullies I can make my way and get some winter fix...

Any cheap B&B accommodation options out there that people are aware of? Also where is the best base for lakes winter climbing???

Thanks all...
 Jim Haydock 06 Feb 2014
In reply to RichieBizzle:

There aren't any 'cheap' B&B's in the lakes ...full stop.

You may find a deal on last minute.com etc but you won't get that much knocked off

I would suggest Ambleside or any other youth hostel, but these aren't that cheap either

Good luck with the weather here also.

JH.
 martinph78 06 Feb 2014

Surely a more reliable option for a winter fix would be to head further North, over the wall?

xplorer 06 Feb 2014

A youth hostel, excellent value for money, with everything you need, and a more relaxed, friendly atmosphere
 Phil1919 06 Feb 2014

Now I know Stratford isn't in the Lakes, but I stayed at their YHA last week for £7. It has recently been renovated. Yes very sociable and can cook your own or get very good value food cooked for you. Great drying room.
RichieBizzle 06 Feb 2014
In reply to Martin1978:

Thanks all!

I am only driving up from Surrey for 3 days so would rather not spend half the time in the car, hence the lakes but if conditions are poor I will just bite the bullet and get myself up to Scotland.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...