UKC

Worthwhile e-petition on Misuse of Drugs Act 1971

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 felt 06 Feb 2014
http://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969

It only needs another 60k signatures and it will be considered for debate by the Backbench Business Committee.

If you agree with this, please add yours and publicise the petition.
 lost1977 06 Feb 2014
In reply to felt:

signed it earlier
cragtaff 07 Feb 2014
In reply to felt: its idiotic and one suspects driven by the 'legalise everything' campaign. I suspect the costs of commissioning an intensive analysis such as proposed would cost more than we pay in dealing with the problem.

I hope MPs have much more important things to spend our money and their time on than crack heads wanting a free ride at our expense.

Its too simplistic to say that because we cannot eliminate a problem our strategy is a failure, you could apply that to any crime and just give up and let the anarchists have their way.

crayefish 07 Feb 2014
In reply to felt:

The petition doesn't come up with an alternative as far as I can see. Will they just commission a study? Why don't they get Prof. Nutt to do it so the gov can ignore him again?

Either way, I think I'll leave my name off a public drugs petition
OP felt 14 Feb 2014
In reply to crayefish:

As of now, 121,783 signatures. Not bad, when you consider that a lot of people can't think beyond worrying whether they'll "get in trouble" by signing it.
 crayefish 14 Feb 2014
In reply to felt:

Good for you. But in my new job I'll have to be very careful about my name given the company is very keen on keeping reputations of senior people and has a strict ant-drugs policy (regular testing).
OP felt 14 Feb 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Comment wasn't directed at you -- apologies if I gave that impression.
 crayefish 14 Feb 2014
In reply to felt:

No problem mate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...