/ Ice Climbing Winter Olympics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
richard s - on 06 Feb 2014
Anyone know when the Ice Climbing is on at the Winter Olympics? I know it's only a demonstration event but interested to see what it's like. Doesn't seem to figure in any of the TV schedules.
philmcf - on 06 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:
I tried searching for it today while watching the snowboarding but couldn't find it anywhere, I did find out that Andy Turner is flying out on the 16th so it will be at the end of the games!
gear boy - on 07 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

i think its on over a couple of evenings in the second week, not part of the schedule as it is classed as a cultural event.... there is a bit about it on the uiaa pages
climbrt - on 13 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

The Ice Climbing festival at the Olympics is on throughout the games, demos every evening and the opportunity for visitors to the games to have a go on the ice wall too.
Andy Turner has flown out today and will be there until the end of the games.

For more information when we have it follow @gbiceclimbing on twitter
Or Like the GB Ice Climbing Team page on Facebook

Or Andy's personal twitter @andyturnerclimb

No idea yet whether there will be any of it televised but hopefully at least on some online coverage at some point.
climbrt - on 13 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

Oh and there's also a new GB ICe Climbing team blog……
http://gbiceclimbingteam.wordpress.com
climbrt - on 18 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

If anyone would like to join the campaign to try and get the BBC to show some coverage of the Ice Climbing at the Winter Olympics then please tweet @bbcsport and tag in @gbiceclimbing

The BMC are behind it and lots of retweets already happened but the more the merrier!!
(@BBCSport Please give some airtime to the @GBIceClimbing Team on the Sochi Ice Tower. Go film what could become an Olympic sport!)

Thank you the collective might of UKC :)
kestrelspl on 18 Feb 2014
In reply to climbrt:

If they could show any coverage of the winter Olympics in the evenings it would be a start...
ads.ukclimbing.com
scottsland99 - on 20 Feb 2014
In reply to richard s:

Would love to check this out. If anyone catches any stories or photos maybe they could post the link here?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.