UKC

Solo bouldering venues/problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CharlieMack 07 Feb 2014
Seem to have more and more days where the weather looks alright, I'm free and psyched. But no one else is.

Looking for bouldering venues in close proximity to Manchester (mainly for fuel reasons as clearly not splitting costs). Where I can head bouldering by myself where there are a lot of problems that only need one mat and no spotters?

Looking for fun problems in the font 7 range.
 Ian Broome 07 Feb 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:

Perhaps Whimberry, though does stay damp for a while, not sure what it will be like at the moment.

Pex hill and Cheshire sandstone, never climbed there but meant to be some good bouldering highball stuff.
 Choss 07 Feb 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:
Brownstones. Pex Hill. Wilton. Anglezarke. And bridestones.
Post edited at 08:50
 robin mueller 07 Feb 2014
In reply to Choss:

The quarries have some good bouldering, but many will be wet at the moment. Brownstones is the obvious exception - fast drying with good landings. There is also some good fast drying bouldering at the Wiltons.

Natural grit is always a good bet over the winter. Blackstone Edge is just down the M62 and has loads to go at in the 7's, mostly decent landings and not too high. Nearby Cow's Mouth and Dove Lowe are good too.

Here's a little vid of some Blackstone problems vimeo.com/83882257

I'm working on a Lancashire Bouldering guidebook which will cover all the newly documented bouldering in the area. Should be finished soon. For now, there are some links to local topos and details on the guide here: http://www.lancashirebouldering.com/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...