UKC

6 Nations this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 08 Feb 2014
Well I'm hoping for Ireland, England and Italy to win!
OP Al Evans 08 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Going ok in the first half, Ireland 13 Wales 0
OP Al Evans 08 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Well that's the first of the trio right, I guess most of the people on here are Welsh , Scottish or French fans then?
 Horse 08 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

No they are on the other thread.
OP Al Evans 08 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

Ok, I thought that was out of date so started another, England going well at half time. Plus Sheff U won in a league match at last.
 crayefish 08 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Well... Wales were shit.
 abr1966 08 Feb 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Scotland looking very poor...again!
 Fat Bumbly2 08 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Beating The Slop (Shrewsbury) does not count....

Scotland getting buried in the swamp right now.
 Banned User 77 08 Feb 2014
In reply to abr1966:
awful.. win 50% of your line outs and you'll be lucky to get anything. You just can't give away set piece ball.

20 out of 20 won by england in comparison

Could have been much worse score wise

Post edited at 18:28
 andy 08 Feb 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Just how crap is Tom Youngs' throwing? I think they've got to get rid of him until he can throw properly - in a tight game (ie last week) that can lose you the game. Oh - it did...
 Horse 08 Feb 2014
In reply to andy:

He can't hook either.
 crayefish 08 Feb 2014
In reply to abr1966:

Yeah both played bad this weekend.
OP Al Evans 09 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

If Farrel had turned up it would have been even more decisive, looking forward to France v Italy , come on Italy, still two out of three ain't bad.
OP Al Evans 09 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

As in the England game, where have all the kickers gone?
 Horse 09 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

The problem at Murrayfield was the pitch as much, if not more, than the kickers.
 Banned User 77 09 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

yeah his standing foot was never stable... pitch was awful
contrariousjim 09 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:
Bastareaud passed the ball, which was a surprise. Then Joubert was feeling unloved and came on to hand out two red cards. Bizarre!
Post edited at 16:49
Tim Chappell 09 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:
Scotland were embarrassing. As a diehard England fan who actually lives in Scotland, there are few other sides I more enjoy beating. And it's the oldest international fixture in the list. But when they don't show up like that--when they are that awful--it's just a little bit sad, really.

It's not like Scotland don't have good players. Richie Gray, David Denton, Jim Hamilton, Stuart Hogg, Sean Maitland--all serious performers. No sign of a team, though. And apparently Scott Johnson knows less than I do about how to get a performance out of them.

It was hard to discern a strategy on the Scottish side of this game, unless it was to get the referee to declare the pitch unplayable and call off the match. Is the Six Nations something that the SRU forgot to put in their diaries? Did the idea of having to play England this weekend take them by surprise? How much did they spend on those stupid flares and guns and pipers and blokes whirling flowerpots on fire around their heads and the rest of the pre-match nonsense, that they could have spent fixing the pitch instead?

They're charging spectators upwards of £60 a head to watch this ordure and they don't even bother to sort out the playing surface. It's an absolute disgrace.
Post edited at 17:25
 Shani 16 Feb 2014
In reply to Cog: 6N break.
 Cog 16 Feb 2014
In reply to Shani:

Maybe someone should tell the BBC.
 Cú Chullain 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Tim Chappell:

The bookies have made Italy favourites for their game against Scotland this weekend. Don't see that too often!!

In other news, Dan Cole is out injured, probably the one position where the cupboard is looking fairly bare for England.

Ireland by 20+
 Horse 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> Ireland by 20+

I'm guessing you won't be investing your house and pension on that prediction.
 Cú Chullain 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

> I'm guessing you won't be investing your house and pension on that prediction.

Probably not, that said I think the loss of Dan Cole is huge for England, they have been developing a nice squad with some depth in most positions but they are very exposed at tight head now. The back up now is a barely match fit David Wilson or Henry Thomas who has accumulated a massive 18 mins of international rugby in his three substitutions. Cian Healy will not be losing too much sleep. Not only will Cole's scrummaging ability be missed, he has a huge work rate in the loose and can almost be treated as a fourth backrow. England will have the edge with the bookies purely by dint of home advantage. Still reckon Ireland will win though.
 Shani 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Cú Chullain:

The next few 6N tournaments should be exciting for England should Sam Burgess make the national team!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26221864
 the sheep 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Shani:

Best weekned for Scotland so far, they didnt loose!
 Shani 17 Feb 2014
In reply to the sheep:

> Best weekned for Scotland so far, they didnt loose!

lol
 Horse 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Correct, Cole is potentially a huge loss. No doubt Rimmer is working on a cunning plan and probably sending begging letters to Mr Joubert. Away wins in this competition are hard to come by.

Still think it will be a close and good game. Liking the look of Sexton, he seems to have grown up now that ROFG has finally cleared off. He bossed the game against Wales.
 Cú Chullain 19 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

Sexton is the man, was very nervous when he was called up to play for Racing Metro last weekend but he seemed to come through OK.

My main fear is that Ireland's back line has not really fired so far as blitz defenses have nullified them, they great in defence but not much going forward thus far. I don't think endless grubbers from O'Driscoll and box kicks from Murray will really work against this England team as their lineout is much stronger then Wales and Scotland. I have confidence in Schmidt though, a much better tactician then Kidney ever way, he will have a canny plan.
 Horse 19 Feb 2014
In reply to Cú Chullain:

I think both coaches are quite canny and are more flexible in their approach than, say, Gatland. Be interesting to see how it pans out but I suspect England are more adaptable "on the hoof" as it were and don't get phased by going down. Looking forward to an interesting afternoon and hopefully it will be a close run belter of a game.
Clauso 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

Interesting article on the driving maul:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/feb/21/six-nations-2014-ireland-...

The comment re. "... truly as choreographed as a West End chorus line" may be stretching things a little though. The thought of O'Connell, Heaslip et. al. high-kicking in fishnets ain't a pretty one.
 Horse 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Clauso:

That is not an image I care to dwell on over the lunchtime butties.

Mind you the rolling/driving maul is a thing of skill, organisation and beauty. Might be in for an overdose tomorrow afternoon as both sides are very good at it.
 Horse 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Allez Les Bleus.
 coinneach 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

D'accord
 coinneach 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

The French appear to be playing a prop at 13
 Tony the Blade 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

That was more than 6 tackles, why didn't the ref award a 'change-over'?
 coinneach 21 Feb 2014
In reply to coinneach:

Scrum a shambles as always . . . . ,
 wynaptomos 21 Feb 2014
In reply to coinneach:

Alain rolland needs to be careful here- we Welsh might start liking him.....
 Horse 21 Feb 2014
In reply to coinneach:

Rubbish game all round.
 Skyfall 21 Feb 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

My welsh family (your neck of the woods) will be celebrating no doubt, as am I, but it's not a classic. Largely because the French never really made a fight of it. Good stuff from Wales though. Allez Cymru
 coinneach 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

I guarantee a worse one tomorrow at 13.30 GMT
 teflonpete 22 Feb 2014
In reply to coinneach:

> I guarantee a worse one tomorrow at 13.30 GMT

Scrappy game but exciting second half. Cracking set up for the last minute.
 Shani 22 Feb 2014
In reply to teflonpete:

Epic game!
 Horse 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Shani:

How is Sloper taking it.
 coinneach 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:
How does he normally take it . . .?
Post edited at 19:22
 Horse 22 Feb 2014
In reply to coinneach:

I've not had a congratulatory text yet.
 teflonpete 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Shani:

> Epic game!

Indeed, I've had a shite week but Eng - Ire sweetened it right up! :0)
 Shani 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:
> How is Sloper taking it.

Really well. He's extended his warm congratulations to the Men in White for a passionate and industrious performance.*

*I might have made much of the above up. Imagine, if you will, the atmosphere in Hitler's bunker on the penultimate days of the war......the rage, the fury, the disbelief that the predicted 'dry humping' failed to materialise.
Post edited at 11:55
In reply to Shani:

Are you volunteering do do a Hitler Rant Parody in a Sloper stylee
 Shani 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

> Are you volunteering do do a Hitler Rant Parody in a Sloper stylee

Indeed.....if someone gives me the German for 'dry hump'.

In reply to Shani:

"Trockenficken?"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...