UKC

Camera wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Fast, light, virtually indestructible, has all the capabilities and image quality of a top end DSLR in a small compact body, should create perfectly framed shots by just being waved at the scenery, must be dirt cheap, able to climb up mountains under it's own steam, and make mugs of tea for breakfast.

Anyone know of one? Got one for sale second hand?
 Fraser 09 Feb 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

Damn, just swapped mine the other day for some magic beans. Interested?
 rallymania 09 Feb 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

i have one exactly like that for sale for 50p... but wait, no sorry, it makes coffee not tea... oh well!
 Blue Straggler 09 Feb 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

McNoltika developed one in 2009 but the HD video was only 4k and they knew the market would demand 8k so they just withdrew from the entire camera sector. A lot of hara-kiri ensued.
 d_b 09 Feb 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

Bear Grylls has one. I think it's called a "film crew".
 ChrisJD 10 Feb 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

Easy Generic Answer:

"Buy wot I bought, cos I know what I'm doing and you don't have a clue" <insert your camera here, no matter how crap it is>
 Blue Straggler 10 Feb 2014
In reply to ChrisJD:

I'm actually seeing a lot less of this sort of thing these days, which is nice.

I still see a lot of snarky "do a search, this has been done to death" replies, mostly from a common source
 dek 10 Feb 2014
In reply to ChrisJD:

> Easy Generic Answer:

> "Buy wot I bought, cos I know what I'm doing and you don't have a clue" <insert your camera here, no matter how crap it is

Well Sort of.... A mate showed me the Fuji X1 Pro with 2 lenses he's just acquired from Amazon for 900 quid!
He flogged his 5D 2 and lenses. He says the new camera and lens, is lighter than the Canon 24 F1.4 alone!
I looked at his shots taken indoors, at wide open, hand held, and 1600 Iso, gobsmacking colour, and detail from that little combo....There was very little correction needed when opened in Lightroom!!

london_huddy 10 Feb 2014
In reply to dek:

I know of two fashion and portrait photographer who have done the same thing (full-frame SLR to the X-Pro) - a very impressive camera.
 ChrisJD 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> I still see a lot of snarky "do a search, this has been done to death" replies, mostly from a common source

The same thing coming up again and again does get a touch tedious
 dek 10 Feb 2014
In reply to london_huddy:

> I know of two fashion and portrait photographer who have done the same thing (full-frame SLR to the X-Pro) - a very impressive camera.

Yep, that's what my mate does too. I think he said there's a Mark 2 version coming out, possibly with better Dioptre adjustment on the eyepiece?!
 Robert Durran 10 Feb 2014
In reply to dek:
> Well Sort of.... A mate showed me the Fuji X1 Pro with 2 lenses he's just acquired from Amazon for 900 quid!

> I looked at his shots taken indoors, at wide open, hand held, and 1600 Iso, gobsmacking colour, and detail from that little combo....There was very little correction needed when opened in Lightroom!!

My new Fuji XE-1, as recommended on here, seems to do exactly that too. Amazing! I suspect it might be the answer to the OP's question!

I tried waving it at a bit of scenery for pretty much the first time today. Might report back with results.
Post edited at 18:05
 Solaris 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Robert Durran and the OP:

Agreed!

As to the OP's request that the ideal camera should make cups of tea: don't rule that out, either. At least, not if the amount of condensation on mine after it had sat in its case in a cold car boot on Saturday whilst we did battle with the elements is anything to go by!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...