UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 6

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 09 Feb 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (5) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=577403

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

AndrewW: no better, no worse.
Exile: Back on the right track.
VS4b: Good week - pound and a bit lost.
Ciderslider: still off the booze (mostly) and bouldering like a daemon.
Choss: drinkies not too bad, not so good the grub - who can resist a good onion bahji or 8
Fatclimber: Not such a good week as last. At least plenty of exercise by the sounds of it.
Jerry67: Some good, some bad (damn that rugby).
Alun: A whole host of night's out not helping (late Christmas do's?).

Fin.
 waterbaby 09 Feb 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Last week I said to hell with it....food is just too nice and I'm failing to find my motivation.
I know I need to get my act together. Anyone know where I can some pep from?

I'm disappointed in myself

I want to go climbing but it's been so long the thought of it is scaring me and I've no climbing partner. Grrrr, must snap out of this lethargy!
 Exile 09 Feb 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Still 11st 12lb, but can do my belt up one more notch. Wondering if the training it meaning more muscle and less fat - or I'm just trying to kid myself!
 Ciderslider 09 Feb 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Had a few beers this weekend, back on it monday. Still eating lots of crap - weight still under 12st - 4 heavy bouldering sessions this week - going great guns and getting loads of stuff sent. maybe i'm a junk food powered mutant ???
 Choss 10 Feb 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Weather - thats all im saying this week.

That and constant dark short grey days.
Andy Gamisou 10 Feb 2014
In reply to waterbaby:

Got any bouldering walls near to you that you could use to get back into the swing of things? Might also help in the motivation (and of course you don't need a climbing partner neither).
 Alun 10 Feb 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Hi. This week I'm back on track and down to to 72kg this morning. Very pleased.

In other news I think I'm going to stop posting on this thread in the future and record my weight in the Fit Club thread (I post there too). Thanks AndrewW for the effort though!
 Fatclimber 10 Feb 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Very bad week motivationally this week. Due to planned social events, I was only hoping to keep a level playing field. Then mid-week, I had some sort of bug and had to cancel a climbing session which made matters worse. By Saturday I had lost all inspiration and couldn't be bothered to do any exercise, the first time this year.

Stood on the scales this morning and have lost half a kilo! How does that work.

Waterbaby, if you fancy popping over to Reading one evening I will happy hold your ropes.

In reply to AndrewW:

Apologies for not posting last week.
Had to spent a week in a hotel, with free and excellent food.
This was a bit of a struggle, but I think I did quite well not to put on any weight. Fortunately we couldn't drink.
Didn't get any climbing in either
Back on track this week though.
It seems that the people doing well are not just dieting but doing some aerobic exercise as well. No surprise really.
So I plan to get on the cross trainer at least 4 times this week, stay off the alcohol, and still watch the food.
In reply to AndrewW:

Can I join this thread?

I'm trying to get down to 50kg (I'm really, really short BTW!)....currently 59kg.

really bad week last week....many social events necessitating (/excusing) alcohol and food. Did get 2 climbs in though....

Will you accept me ?
In reply to Fatclimber:

Oh, and in addition to my request to join....I'm looking to get to Reading wall more...are you still looking for more partners?
 Fatclimber 10 Feb 2014
In reply to practicallypixie:

I most certainly am. Although as this is the fat club, not the short club, I will need to tie you to a few heavy weights. Will PM you my number.
In reply to Fatclimber:

I'm used to flying up the wall

I can be both fat AND short...
 Fatclimber 10 Feb 2014

Just looked at a BMI graph. Actually quite surprised how tall you can be and still have a healthy BMI at 50 kg.
Andy Gamisou 10 Feb 2014

> Can I join this thread?

> I'm trying to get down to 50kg (I'm really, really short BTW!)....currently 59kg.

> really bad week last week....many social events necessitating (/excusing) alcohol and food. Did get 2 climbs in though....

> Will you accept me ?

Sure - we aren't fussy here!

In reply to Fatclimber:

It is surprising...and if you're short is also how surprsingly easy it is to creep up to an unhealthy weight (particularly if you appetite is as big as mine and you can match all your 6' plus male friends...)
 Fatclimber 10 Feb 2014

I suggest we don't meet in the Cafe!
In reply to Fatclimber:

At least not until calories have been burnt on the wall!
 VS4b 10 Feb 2014
In reply to AndrewW:
Haven't weighed in yet, but will do in the morning. As I've cycled 200 miles this week inc 90 today I'm hoping to have lost some more. Certainly the weight lost so far was really noticeable on the hills. Fingers crossed for the morning.
 Fatclimber 11 Feb 2014
In reply to VS4b:

Managing to do anything in this weather is impressive, cycling 90 miles even more so. Well done.
 VS4b 11 Feb 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Ta, it was good fun apart from the rain and hailstorms!

Sadly having weighed myslef this am ive actually put 2 lbs on, not sure how! Oh well...
In reply to AndrewW:
Bought new electronic scales. My mechanical ones are 3 kilos out. So I'm 3 kilos heavier than I thought....62kg (reminder: I am barely over 5 foot)!
 TomBaker 12 Feb 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

New member hopefully please.

Currently 13 stone 5.

This week has been difficult. Looking to get back to 11 stone (or 11 and a half if i put on muscle).
Andy Gamisou 16 Feb 2014
In reply to TomBaker:

Who (sorry)? Welcome to the 'club', and good luck with the goals.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...