UKC

Solo bouldering in leicester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 spud_23 10 Feb 2014
Anyone got any suggestions?

Looking at forest rock, slawstons bridge and bradgate park at the moment.

Cheers
 JimboWizbo 10 Feb 2014
In reply to spud_23:

Beacon Hill

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1170

The routes are high-ish boulder problems, 4-6m or so
 spidermonkey09 10 Feb 2014
In reply to spud_23:

Recommend slawston bridge but it needs a good few days of dry to be worth it really. Beacon Hill is a bit of a deathtrap without a spotter!
OP spud_23 11 Feb 2014
In reply to spud_23:

Went to beacon hill, your right a bit dicey without a spotter! Wet and greasy as hell on number 4 crag. Holding out for the weather for slawston now
 the sheep 11 Feb 2014
In reply to spud_23:

Bradgate Park, Stable pit is a great place to boulder, Beacon hill istnt too bad, just be aware the rock is very slippy. Forest Rock can be a bit high to boulder and the shorter bitis very easy. There are lots of good boulders around Cademan Woods, Twenty Steps area is nice, although it will be green at this time of year. Oaks pinnacle is worth a visit too of an evening, if onle to climb on what looks like a very big penis.
Enjoy.
 spidermonkey09 11 Feb 2014
In reply to spud_23:

Yeah a lot of the routes have trad grades online due to the appalling landings. I took the E1 solo tick rather than font 6a!

Slawston is great but its a definite acquired taste. I love it, but others I know don't see the attraction. Its brilliant for finger training. On a sunny evening its a really nice atmosphere. And of course Dawes and Moffatt climbed there so it must be good!

Forest Rock is a bit of a power grotto for the weak (like me), theres not much to do there unless you can crush v6 outside. If you go on a nice weekend theres a very friendly local with a dog there sometimes who knows A LOT of eliminates, far beyond what is on leicestershireclimbs.com. Good luck!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...