UKC

VIDEO: Ricky Bell Climbing The Lost Forgotten at Eagle Mountain E7 6c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 10 Feb 2014
[Ricky Bell Climbing The Lost Forgotten at Eagle Mountain E7 6c]
The Lost Forgotten is a beautiful arete in the amphitheater at Eagle Mountain, Northern Ireland.

Filmed by Craig Hiller hillerscapes.co.uk

Music - Battles -Ice Cream

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=1996

Jack Geldard 10 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC Videos:

This route looks awesome! Perfect rock! Wild move round the arete and then a perfect sloper to finish, love it. Nice one Ricky and Craig.

Jack
In reply to Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor:

Agreed - amazing-looking route.

jcm
 Mick Ward 10 Feb 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:
It's a plum line on a big mountain crag which otherwise arguably fails to live up to its potential. Nevertheless mere mortals can still have fun in the amphitheatre. I remember nearly getting wiped out on the way in, when some mates were enthusiastically cleaning new routes and tons of crap funnelled down and then sprayed the hillside below. (Like coming under mortar fire?) An interesting experience.

Doing the second ascent of someone's route, I was surprised to find it raining - in a heatwave. Turned out the FA was peed off cos I was doing his route too fast and consequently peeing on me! He ran off, chortling. He's long since become a pillar of the legal establishment. (Perhaps his little offering is an accepted legal practice?)

It's great to see these amazing lines in the Mournes being done and filmed. Kudos to Ricky Bell and Craig Hiller and their mates. Talented people.

Mick
Post edited at 11:58
 BrainoverBrawn 10 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC Videos:

Some kind of sandstone/gritstone ?
It appears to be the line, makes it even more exciting to consider that there is hardly an easier way up that buttress.
Less gear than yon may desire I guess, superbly sorted presentation.
 jimjimjim 10 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC Videos:

Nice looking line and a great vid. Shame it doesn't continue up the top bit of the arete, I don't think I'll be straightening it out anytime soon though. Good work.
 steve taylor 10 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC Videos:

Excellent!
 Mick Ward 10 Feb 2014
In reply to howifeel:

> Some kind of sandstone/gritstone ?

Granite.

Mick
 Skyfall 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Mick Ward:

Quite radioactive granite as I recall...
 Mick Ward 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Skyfall:

Now they tell me! Spent much of a misspent youth in the Mournes. Probably explains why those 'ole brain cells whirl round like meteorites, forever bumping into each other.

If people look at Craig's excellent photos, they'll see some beautiful lines immaculately sculpted by nature. Some of the stuff on the tors (e.g. Binnian) is quite gritstonesque.

Mick
 John Cooke 11 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC Videos:

Looks amazing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...