UKC

I've just been asked if I'd like to appear on Big Brother

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
No, really... apparently...

is it just me, or has half the Uk pop had this email today?

Hi there,

I hope you are well and don’t mind me contacting you. My name is Kieron and I am casting on the new series of Big Brother on Channel 5.

We are currently casting for housemates for the summer series and I was hoping you might possibly be able to spread the word to members of your group or anyone you think might be interested just to see if anyone would like to get in touch. If you could circulate the below information that would be greatly appreciated.

We are working on the new series of Big Brother which returns in Summer 2014 on Channel 5, and are looking for vibrant and interesting characters to enter the house.

Big Brother is widening the search and, as ever, is keen to represent all aspects of society.

We would be very grateful if you could please spread the word to your members about this potential opportunity. If they are interested and would like to be considered to take part in the programme and/or for more information, they can email us at: We will try and reply but cannot guarantee that we will be able to reply to each message received.

Alternatively, they can call us on: . Calls will be charged at local rates and mobile phone charges will vary. We will try and reply to voice messages but cannot guarantee that we will be able to reply to every message received.

Thank you!

Big Brother Team

We will use any information provided by you for the purpose of selecting potential participants for the programme. We will keep your data securely and we will only share your information with third parties when necessary for the production of the programme. You must be aged eighteen (18) years or over on the date of your first audition. Terms and conditions apply to applications.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks
In reply to Tim Chappell:
Ask them for $1,000 up front.

jcm
Post edited at 12:42
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

US, Oz, NZ?
 JamButty 12 Feb 2014

Its just you! Presumably you have some strange sexual deviation that they've latched onto.....

Robert Durran 12 Feb 2014

> is it just me, or has half the Uk pop had this email today?

No. Just you and Coel.
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to JamButty:

OMG, the cat's out of the bag
KevinD 12 Feb 2014

Just you.
Was it to a personal or work email?
 Ava Adore 12 Feb 2014

I used to be on the distribution list for drama groups (I was Secretary for a group). I was forever being sent emails from all sorts of production companies asking for our members to appear in programmes of one sort or another.
 Timmd 12 Feb 2014
Could you go on and rant about people being famous for being famous in this country, and ask why somebody like Ellen MacArthur is a national in France but not in the UK? Put Big Brother to a purpose that's vaguely useful.

I suppose you might get voted out... ()
Post edited at 13:07
KevinD 12 Feb 2014
In reply to Robert Durran:

> No. Just you and Coel.

Add Bruce,Simon4, Shona and Oliver (latter two whichever name they are using at the moment) and I would watch it.
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to dissonance:
And Sore Elbow?

Come to think of it UKC could be the casting base for a pretty amazing BB series. Think about the Iain/ Winhill faceoffs, for a start.

I reckon Darren would win.
Post edited at 13:05
 Trevers 12 Feb 2014

Presumably "vibrant and interesting" translates as "stupid, loud, unambitious and willing to degrade oneself. Has large breasts if female"
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to Trevers:

You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

PS Want to see my tits?
 Sharp 12 Feb 2014

Surely everyone would climb out, we're all here to talk about climbing right?
 Dave Garnett 12 Feb 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:
> (In reply to Tim Chappell) Ask them for $1,000 up front.
>
> jcm

I suppose everyone has their price, including me, but since I think I'd rather have major surgery than take part in BB I'm not sure what mine would be. A lot.
KevinD 12 Feb 2014

> Come to think of it UKC could be the casting base for a pretty amazing BB series.

I reckon you should respond and tell them you have the casting already sorted. Need a few minor amendments to the big brother house mainly slightly relocate it and add a decent commercial size climbing wall, funded so it will be free to visit for the next few years plus a few other bits and its good to go.
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to Dave Garnett:

The money hasn't been printed that would persuade me. I'd rather remove my own eyeballs with a spoon. A dirty spoon.
 duchessofmalfi 12 Feb 2014
Hold on, I've got some spam around here I could post as wel... on second thoughts I won't bother!
 Trevers 12 Feb 2014

> You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

> PS Want to see my tits?

Ooh err...
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
 JamButty 12 Feb 2014
> (In reply to Dave Garnett)
>
> The money hasn't been printed that would persuade me. I'd rather remove my own eyeballs with a spoon. A dirty spoon.

They'll take you if you can do it on live TV!

dek 12 Feb 2014

> The money hasn't been printed that would persuade me. I'd rather remove my own eyeballs with a spoon. A dirty spoon.

Im glad you have more scruples than the creepy George Galloway..
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

I took the email and other contact details out, because I'm discreet. But I googled them, and they fit. There really is a company called Endemol, which really does produce BB...

Of course, that doesn't quite mean it's not spam, but it's not like it's from a trojan in Nigeria.
 teflonpete 12 Feb 2014

> There really is a company called Endemol, which really does produce BB...

Sounds more like a name for a company which would produce pile cream. Then again, they'd be welcome to shove BB in the same place...
 toad 12 Feb 2014

Are we being a bit high court judge here? Given endemol produce half the light entertainment on TV in the uk, I'd have thought even you would have heard of it. I had you down as a Pointless man, myself
 cfer 12 Feb 2014

A UKC big brother would be amazing...

Come on a list of Users that would be entertaing

Norrie would be first on mine
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to toad:

> I had you down as a Pointless man, myself

You're too kind.

Wingnut 12 Feb 2014
In reply to cfer:

And Rubbishy. :
 cfer 12 Feb 2014

Hannah S would be an interesting character I think
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to cfer:

First we have to fix the location of The House itself.

My nomination:

http://www.caivarallo.it/rifugi_cai_varallo/capanna_regina_margherita_rifug...
 The New NickB 12 Feb 2014

I wonder if you were targeted, if you are anything like the character you portray yourself on here, you would be Big Brother gold. Endomol are a big company, not doubt somebody there climbs.
 Yanis Nayu 12 Feb 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

They probably couldn't get Brian Sewell...
andymac 12 Feb 2014
'Vibrant and interesting'

That's the same as 'off the F*cking Wall' ,nutjob ,bisexual.

Not you Tim?
Post edited at 18:59
 Run_Ross_Run 12 Feb 2014

What was the dialling code for the number they supplied?

There is a warning of dodgy numbers being used that cost the caller 1500 quid a min to call.

Ill see if I can find the message.
 Dave Garnett 12 Feb 2014
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to Tim Chappell)
>
> Are we being a bit high court judge here? Given endemol produce half the light entertainment on TV in the uk, I'd have thought even you would have heard of it.

I've heard of it but I've always thought it sounds pharmaceutical.
 duchessofmalfi 12 Feb 2014

It doesn't matter if it is really from endemol it is still spam - keep it to yourself.
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

Ah, okay, could everyone ignore this thread then please?

elsewhere 12 Feb 2014
One person in a thousand replies - those email addresses are valuable to scammers because those people are gullible.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...