UKC

Camera for mountain photo's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 13 Feb 2014
Hi,

What is a good camera that is rugged and has a decent IPX water resistant / proof rating and takes a good picture?

I am far from a professional photographer but I do like to take a decent pic from a day out on the hill.

All ideas welcome but really looking for something that can be clipped on a bit of cord and stashed in my pocket so it is always readily available when walking or doing winter routes.

Cheers,

Ad
cap'nChino 13 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

Canon 'S' series S90, S95, S100 and so on.
OP AdCo82 13 Feb 2014
In reply to cap'nChino:

Thanks, I'll take a peep...
 The Potato 13 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

photos - more than one photo
photo's - belonging to the photo
 boriselbrus 13 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

My Olympus TG1 fits your requirements perfectly. It's exceptional that I even pick up my DSLR since I got it. It's waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, takes great photos and has tap controls so you can use it with mitts on. Oh and the battery lasts ages - I bought a spare for about a fiver, but never come close to needing it even on a month long tour of NZ when I took about 800 photos.

There is now a slightly improved TG2 as well. Genuinely one of the best things I've ever bought.
 Martin Hore 13 Feb 2014
In reply to ow arm:

> photos - more than one photo

> photo's - belonging to the photo

don't - short for do not
photo's - short for photographs
In reply to AdCo82:
I use a Panasonic DMC FT3 due to its shock and water resistance. I have it attached to the rucksac in a soft case and can forget about it. I also like the quick start up to get a photo and then put away again. Can be used with gloves on althought not too thick ones. It's been out in some extremely heavy rain and freezing conditions and has never been a problem. I'm not a good photographer by any standard but I thnk it takes a reasonable photo. Think it's been replaced by the FT5 now.
Don't know if it's quality is up to the standard you are looking for.
 The Potato 14 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

nikon 1 AW1
 planetmarshall 14 Feb 2014
In reply to ow arm:
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/people-who-highlight-minor-grammar-points-are-amazing-2013082378916

"In no way are any of these people vain, arsey pedants."
Post edited at 10:54
 The Potato 14 Feb 2014
In reply to planetmarshall:

Anyway back to cameras Ive currently got a nikon D5100 which gets really nice landscape photos especially with a wide angle lens, however its not practical for hiking. If I had the cash to spare id definately get a Nikon 1 AW1 which is both waterproof and tough, and has interchangable lenses so is much more than a point and shoot camera.
Tommylandy 14 Feb 2014
In reply to ow arm:

After lots of research I'd recommend the Nikon AW110, cracking little waterproof and shockproof camera, performs well against its bigger more expensive Nikon 1AW 1 brother.
Dead easy to use, point and click.
 Blue Straggler 15 Feb 2014
In reply to cap'nChino:

> Canon 'S' series S90, S95, S100 and so on.

IP ratings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...