UKC

in emergencys

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blackcat 14 Feb 2014
Hi guys is the emergencysms service worth registering with,iv never realy gave it much thought until watching a safety video,i like most people just pack the kit including bivibag,whistle,torch and moby.
 martinph78 14 Feb 2014
In reply to blackcat:

It costs nothing, and as you already have a mobile phone with you you may as well register for the service. A text can get through even when there is no (apparent) signal.

As an extra tool/last resort in your bag it's worth having I guess. Even if you never need it, you may come across someone else in trouble who does.
OP blackcat 14 Feb 2014
In reply to Martin1978:sounds good,cheers martin.
 stuart58 17 Feb 2014
In reply to blackcat:
Hi how do u register for this or am I being silly should I know already

haydn 19 Feb 2014
If you do register, my advice would be to include as much detail as possible in the first text you send, and flag it for attention of MRT. I put a six-fig GR and something along the lines of "near summit of Snowdon", and got a text back asking for the address of the emergency. That aside, it was reassuring to get a "stay where you are - help is on the way" text a few minutes later.
In reply to blackcat:

It's very much worthwhile. Costs nothing and is easy to do. Just txt Register to 999, await a reply which will tell you to respond with either a Yes or no in the txt. Then your numberr will be able to use the service.
 Jim Fraser 19 Feb 2014
In reply to haydn:

Many phone have a Template facility or Android has memos with 'Send by' option.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...