UKC

Cuillin conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tsarted 17 Feb 2014
Hi all, has anyone got any recent updates on conditions in the Cuillin? Any routes recommended that are in nick? Low grades please.

Thanks!
 Nathan Adam 17 Feb 2014
In reply to tsarted:
Was up at the weekend and everything is massively banked out. A lot of snow fall but yesterday was good and quite cold and plenty of stars on show when we came back to Fort William last night so may have been a bit of consolidation.

We did Short Arse on Sgurr a Bhasteir on Saturday in grade II kinda nick. It is a bit of a branch off from Broad Gully. After that head up NE Ridge and along the connecting ridge to the Bealach and then up to Bruach na Frithe followed by a descent of NW ridge on BnF. A great scrambling day and keeps you away from big snow fields which might be a bit suspect at the moment.
Post edited at 14:42
 Cameron94 17 Feb 2014
In reply to tsarted:

As Nathan has said up above we were on Skye over the weekend and found good cover, if anything too much on some aspects.

The north end of the ridge is plastered white however some routes are so banked out they may be worth avoiding unless you enjoy a bit of space walking.

My advice would be to stay around the northern end and do sections of the ridge or other exposed routes as anything else has alarming quantities at the moment.
 Scomuir 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Cameron94 & Nath93:

Do either of you have any photos taken at the weekend showing how much snow is in Coire Lagan by any chance?

Cameron94 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Scomuir:
Yeah give me a message and I'll reply with some photos.

* Read it too quickly, yeah I only have photos of the north end too.
Post edited at 15:44
 Nathan Adam 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Scomuir: Not Coire Lagan unfortunately. Have pictures of Pinnacle Ridge and NF on Mhadaidh and middle sections from Glaic More to Bruach na Frithe.
tsarted 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Cameron94:

Could you recommend any grade II ridges that might be good just now?
 Cameron94 17 Feb 2014
In reply to tsarted:

The NE ridge of Sgurr a Bhastier and then along to the base of Am Bhastier would be good at the moment. As far as I know the ridge linking the top and the main ridge has a cornice but it shouldn't be tricky to avoid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...