UKC

Are there any access issues at Morro Falqui (Costa Blanca)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JKW 17 Feb 2014
Just off for a week in the Costa Blanca for some sport climbing. A friend has recommended the route Sonjannika a six pitch 6a+ at Morro Falqui but he wasn't sure if there was an access issue, does anyone know? I don't want to be climbing somewhere I shouldn't be. Thanks.
 Mark Eddy 17 Feb 2014
In reply to J&PW:

I was out there in December and visited the crag twice, some friends also spent a day there, didn't experience any issues and don't know of any.
It's a fabulous route, well worth doing.
 Sam Mayfield 17 Feb 2014
In reply to J&PW:

Hola

As I understand it, the area was equipped with permissions from the local Major. However the coast from Moraira to Denia is protected under national law, DWS and fisherman access is permitted due to the fact that both activities tend to not go very high on the cliffs.

We have always discouraged climbing here because of the access issues and any climber related problems could put the DWS access at risk. There are thousands of brilliant bolts routes but DWS is very limited.

Which area are you staying in and I can send you a ideas for other great routes.

Rich Orange House
OP JKW 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Hi,
Just staying in Benidorm and have a car, so can get around easily. Have been to the Costa Blanca about 5 or 6 times before but with the older guide book and no extra supplement (which is where this route is found). Happy not to climb there if there are issues. Would love to know of some good multi-pitch routes for a days outing, will also just be doing 1 pitch sport climbing. Don't particularly want to have to bring loads of trad gear though.
Thanks for your help.
Jill Whittaker
 Sam Mayfield 17 Feb 2014
In reply to J&PW:

Hi Jill, Sam here!

Have you looked on our website for the mini guides, subscribe for the password or email me samorange@gmail.com

http://theorangehouse.co.uk/mini-guides/pdf-page

Rich is just starting a mini guide dedicated to some great trad routes as most people think Costa Blanca is just sport! We have been working hard on our new area in Sella and we have a nice (sharp) Trad route, 3 pitch grade 5ish!

Anything else just shout.

Sam Orange House
OP JKW 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Cheers, will take a look. Looking forward to less rain than we have here!!!!!,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...