Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Odd Blister Problem

Strongbeard on 18 Feb 2014 - 217.20.24.210 whois?
I've been running regularly for almost a year now and will be competing in my first marathon in May. A few months ago I went out and got some nice trainers to replace the old knockabout ones I've had for years. This was a Sweatshop store so all sorts of interesting tests were carried out on my feet and gait and the shoes chosen accordingly. When I run over 7 miles in these new trainers, however, I get large blisters around the midfoot area roughly the size of two 50p coins. I use double-layered 1000mile socks and place compeed blisters on the problem areas beforehand but the problem persists. With the old knockabout trainers, not really suited for long-distance runs, my feet are often fine or at least much better over 10 miles. It's making training over those longer distances pretty difficult. Is it perhaps how I land the foot, the shape of my foot or just the trainers? Advice would be greatly appreciated!

... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums