UKC

Bowles is ... in

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 helix 22 Feb 2014
Bowles has many climbs that are in fine fettle. (Obviously some are not). Had a fun little session this afternoon and just thought - where was everyone?? Darn it, Swanage I guess!!
 Hooo 22 Feb 2014
In reply to helix:

This has to be a troll?
 Ban1 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Hooo:

I was thinking of heading down there but I didn't fancy the early start. as I heard its only open until 2:30 on a saturday
 alooker 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Ban1:

You get a discount if you arrive after 1345 though
 Fatclimber 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Ban1:

Really? I had not heard that.
 Dandelion 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

I didn't know it closed early on Saturdays. I know they do a lot for the place etc etc but I hate an outdoor crag that "closes" at all.
 CurlyStevo 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Dandelion:
I think Ban1 was being sarcastic! In any case it doesn't close saturday afternoon. I've never been asked to leave there and have climbed there a lot.
Post edited at 14:16
 Dandelion 23 Feb 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Ha! That figures. It just feels so groomed that I could imagine it. Thanks though
 Ban1 23 Feb 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Sorry guys if I mis informed but I'm going off what Google read. What are the hours for the weekend.
 CurlyStevo 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Ban1:

That's almost certainly some different hours relating to the center not the hours you can climb on a Saturday.
 CurlyStevo 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Ban1:

see http://www.bowles.ac/outdoor-activities/rock-climbing

"The rocks are almost always open to climbers"
 JonnySchofield 24 Feb 2014
In reply to Ban1:

Morning folks,

It appears that there might be some confusion about when the rocks are accessible climbers. To clear this up, the rocks are open to climb seven days a week throughout the day, at the climbers discretion and as long as they have all the suitable equipment.

Bowles does ask for a donation of £4 per climber if visiting to climb before 5pm, reducing to £2 if visiting after 5pm. This is to help with the upkeep of the rocks and support the charitable aims of the Bowles Rock Trust.

If you are thinking about visiting Bowles and would like to know the conditions of the rocks or any other information, please call the office and they will be happy to help.

Jonny (Bowles staff)
 Ban1 24 Feb 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

I've seen website but I couldn't find any opening hours on the site.
Cheers johnnyS I'm defiantly gonna get down there
 JonnySchofield 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Ban1:

Just for future reference I have now changed the information on the website to make the information clearer for climbers.

Hope this helps.

Jonny (Bowles Staff)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...