UKC

An Teallach conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tsarted 24 Feb 2014
Does anyone have any recent conditions information from An Teallach? Are many of the gullies complete but not loaded?
In reply to tsarted:

I was in the Fannichs today - Sgurr Mor and Sgurr nan Clach Geala . An Teallach has a heavy covering above 700 metres. Only just freezing today at 1000 metres - snow conditions are quite mixed. Good neve on Sgurr Mor but pretty deep on NE ridge of Sgurr nan Clach Geala with big cornices. Lot of snow on Geala buttresses and in the gullies but no sign of ice. Quite a lot of avalanche debris around. An Teallach traverse would be good but would not recommend the gullies at the moment.
 inboard 25 Feb 2014
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Did you see what altitude the snow line was further south, particularly strathfarrar hills?

Cheers
 danny269 25 Feb 2014
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Which route did you do on Sgurr Mor? The Resurrection, by any chance? And did you get a route in on Sgurr nan Clach Geala at all. What are the chances that the neve you saw will still be around next week?
 Captain Solo 26 Feb 2014
In reply to inboard:

I can see the corbett beinn a'bha'ach ard from near my house and despite thawing conditions over the last few days it still looks pretty plastered 700m upwards.
In reply to inboard:

Still plenty of snow on Strathfarrar hills above 600 metres despite milder weather yesterday.
In reply to danny269:

I was hillwalking. Big cornices on Sgurr mor as well as Sgurr nan Clach Geala. Looks like conditions will be better from Friday this week until Monday with colder weather. Unfortunately becomes more unsettled next week after that. High freezing levels the past few days have not helped climbing conditions. There is still a LOT of snow in the northwest but very little ice.
 inboard 26 Feb 2014
In reply to tsarted:

Thanks guys, that's very helpful

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...