UKC

Recommend me a font circuit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
We are looking for a circuit to do on the way to the south of France/northern spain on a sport trip at easter. Needs to be about blue level (give or take, we have both bouldered 7c+ but are just looking to stretch our arms on the journey south), low injury risk as its the start of a trip (so not elephant as its high), safe parking as we will have a car full of stuff, not more than 40 problems max (don't want to be on it all day).

Recommendations welcome.
Thanks
 steve taylor 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

Isatis Franchard Red - first 40 problems.

If it's going well, switch to white.

Elephant White is OK if you avoid the very few highballs.
In reply to steve taylor:

Cheers, will take a look at these.
 RobertHepburn 26 Feb 2014

If you are worried about your car then I think you will need to leave it somewhere very visible and public, which means:

1. Leave the car in sight of the restaurant in the woods at barbizon (or if it is busy there or not open, in Barbizon itself), and then walk to Gorge d'apremont, maybe apremont bizons and do the orange and red ciruits.

2. Leave the car in Vadoue and walk to Rocher Guichot, which has orange, blue and red.

Someone else may be able to think of others, but most climbing is set a bit away from the parking, and the parking is very secluded. I think you would be safer midweek, but it is hard to know. If you check there are plenty of threads about people having their cars broken in to in Font, unfortunately.

Have a great trip.
 Beardyman 06 Mar 2014

I was going to recommend the excellent and varied red circuit at Franchard Cuisiniere but that would mean leaving your stuff in the car at the Isatis car park, usually it's quite busy there so not likely to have issues but there have been break ins there in the past...
 scoobydougan 06 Mar 2014

You can park outside the Chalet Joubert and Scare your self silly at Dame Jouanne, lots of circuits and some big rocks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...