UKC

Aonach Eagach Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob1012 28 Feb 2014
Heading up to Glencoe tomorrow to do the Aonach Eagach ridge a weather looks pretty good.
Any one been up there this week - any info of conditions?
 Billhook 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Rob1012:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=579917

There we are. Its not too far away so it won't be much different than this.
In reply to Rob1012:

Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today for visibility. Could hardly see 100ft in front of me at times and on the ridge that could be interesting! I was on Stob Ghabhar btw, so not far away
In reply to tallpaulselfridge:

How was it? Decent Neve higher up or just a swim? I'm doing both hills mora decent forecast hopefully things will firm up, always good to have a wee helping hand with the walk in :-D
drmarten 28 Feb 2014
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:
I was up on Gearr Aonach today across the glen, highest point was probably 800m and the snow was deep, soft and hard going and I wasn't above the freezing level. There was a car (two?) at the small car park below the east end of the Aonach Eagach so maybe someone has broken a trail for you, although with further snow falling today that may be academic. The Aonach Eagach itself was in the clouds all morning.
Today was the kind of day when you slip waist deep into the snow for the umpteenth time, realise you've covered about 100 yards in 15 minutes and wonder if you're ever going to get anywhere.
Great with hindsight though ..

Edit to add, reply was for OP.
Post edited at 18:52
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

Today was a swim until I got onto the top of the ridge. Then wind scoured with thin ice patches. Fairly easy going up there.

I think it's to get a freeze down to about 600m tonight so it should be ok tomorrow
 Blizzard 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Rob1012:

The weather looks good???? you will find conditions poor. Don't waste your time
 petegunn 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Samuel Wainwright:

What a difference a day makes! Ours on fri, started in the sun and finished in the sun (and rain) but in between couldnt see a thing.
 Busby 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Rob1012:

Was up on Saturday and conditions were simply top class!

So much snow that the second chimney (heading West) was almost completely banked out, and its only going to get better as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...