UKC

Beinn Dearg area today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Had an interesting climb up Cona Mheall's south east ridge today. Taken direct it was an easy grade 2 with some good neve. Carried on to Beinn Dearg and went down Gleann na Sguaib. Massive cornices above all gullies on the Gleann na Sguaib face of beinn Dearg, but a surprising amount of ice also evident despite the deep snow cover. Good weather this far north today only clouding over late afternoon.
 Lone Rider 03 Mar 2014
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Also in to look at some climbing on Beinn Dearg yesterday. Have different view of ice conditions as most gullies full of snow with very little ice showing. Penquin Gully about grade II at moment with no obvious ice pitches. Likewise with other popular gully lines. The difficulty will be negotiating the large cornices as mentioned.

Buttress routes had a good covering of snow from over night which gradually disappeared during the day but generally didn't look in good condition. Turf appears to be frozen in some places but not others.

A freeze thaw sequence needed to improve things methinks!

Cheers

In reply to Lone Rider:

I suppose I was just surpriaed to see any ice showing so probably went a bit over the top as I've seen so little of it this winter!
 Lone Rider 03 Mar 2014
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Assuming that was you with the red car and blacked out windows? Cheeky?
In reply to Lone Rider:

Not Guilty -my boy racer days are long gone!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...