UKC

Best climbs in Avon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike lawrence? 05 Mar 2014
I'm off to Avon gorge tomorrow with my lovely friend Metal, potentially on the first of a few visits. He's never been before and I've only done Malbogies and Krapp's Last Tape. Any recommendations particularly in the HVS to E4 range, preferably those with some gear?

thanks

mike
 Choss 05 Mar 2014
In reply to mike lawrence:

Hell gates.
Suspension bridge Arete

And..

Stuff off the ramp at Higher end?
 John2 05 Mar 2014

That's a big grade range. Classic E3s are Think Pink and Ladder of Desire, at E2 there's Lich Gates, and at HVS Suspension Bridge Buttress is definitely the place to start.
 GDes 05 Mar 2014
Arms race. Pumps and safe and brilliant. Might be wet low down, but don't be out off, lots of positive holds.

In fact everything on the ramp fits the bill
 Alex Winter 05 Mar 2014

I agree, the ramp would be a good place to start. Banshee, Them, Arms Race, New Horizons, and Mirage are all quality. Them looked a bit soggy yesterday, but the others seemed fine.

Kemics 05 Mar 2014
In reply to Alex Winter:

Yup I was thinking the ramp as well. Especially up to E4. Yellow edge is a classic too a little further along.

Suspension bridge buttress tends to dry fast and suffer very little seepage. Limbo an Earl of Pearth are good.

However, forget seepage. Isnt it supposed to be out right raining tomorrow?

alooker 05 Mar 2014

Hell gates is great
 beardy mike 05 Mar 2014

Hells gates, Earl of Perth, Limbo, Baby duck, The Lich, M1, M2, and the E2 at seawalls the name of which escapes me that goes up the main corner system in the centre of the crag...
 John2 05 Mar 2014
In reply to mike kann:

Ffoeg's Folly?
 cem 05 Mar 2014

Yellow Edge
 Cheese Monkey 05 Mar 2014

M1, Pink Wall Traverse, Earl of Perth, Hell Gates, Yellow Edge
 Dave Cundy 05 Mar 2014
Maltravers is excellent. Bit light on gear on the first pitch but tons on the second. I love it. Pink wall traverse is good.
A bit delicate for a few moves but a great position and some monkeying around on the bars.
Post edited at 23:11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...