UKC

Motorbike Norway trip advice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
My husband is riding his Triumph Tiger up to the Arctic Circle in June. Can anyone suggest some useful kit/equipment/gadgets that he should take? He wants to get a tyre inflation device which uses small gas canisters but I can't source such a thing. Any ideas? (birthday coming up)
In reply to Vanessa Simmons:

Local bike shop or amazon. Personally I've opted for a cigarette lighter socket wired in and a small compressor, but that takes up a fair amount of room and some people say isn't very good for the electrics, although I've never had a problem.

One of the best things I ever brought was a sat nav tbh.
 Dax H 06 Mar 2014
In my opinion the co2 inflator is next to useless.
I was stranded and used mine but I had to partially inflate to find the leak, fix the leak, inflate again, have the fix fail, re fix the leak, inflate again but no, I have used all 4 gas canisters and spend the next 20 mins with a push bike pump.

Now I have a tiny compressor (£16 on ebay) and a power socket.
Last puncture was a doddle and the socket (mounted on my bars, £6 on eBay including bracket) doubles up for charging my phone.
 andy_e 06 Mar 2014

Look at some electric heated handle bar grips, or some handlebar muffs.
 GarethSL 06 Mar 2014

A sat nav with speed camera locations would be idea. They are signposted, but as the max speed limit on major roads/ roads in un-populated areas here is only 55 mph, it may be a thought to avoid any unwanted bills, confiscated licence or imprisonment.

Especially given that on major roads the average flow of traffic is more like 80mph...

Not that I would advocate speeding of course.

oh and don't forget to remind him that the give way to the right rule on minor roads (generally those under 50kph) is VERY much in use... still..

Thanks everyone, some great ideas! And interesting to hear how the CO2 inflator performed.

I bought him a Vango Zenith 100 tent which he wants just for backup. It should pack down to 35cm long which seems convenient for bike luggage.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...