UKC

Upper body exercises with damaged wrists

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llamaglama 06 Mar 2014
Hey,

Does anyone know any exercises I can do in an attempt to maintain my upper body strength whilst I'm banned from climbing/ putting my wrists under any real strain for the next month or so.

I have a trip to Kalymnos in 6 weeks and there is a faint glimmer of hope I may be able to climb again by then (if I ever get an appointment with a neurologist) so I'd rather not lose all the gains I've made in the past few months. I'm aware finger exercises are pretty much out but would like to continue training.

Thanks
 Kassius 06 Mar 2014
In reply to llamaglama:

Get in the gym and squat your ring hole out. Zero impact on wrist but an amazing full body work out
 Albachoss 06 Mar 2014
In reply to llamaglama:
Tie a theraband to your forearms, put the middle under your feet when standing up and you can do bicep curls. It isn't a heavy weight, but if you do them fairly quickly and for a minute or two you should start getting very pumped arms which you can fight through and build your pump endurance.

You could use the theraband for biceps, triceps, most if not all the shoulder muscles and some back too.

You could also give your core a workout doing planks and following a video called 'ab ripper x'.

Good luck!
Post edited at 19:44
 blackcat 06 Mar 2014
In reply to llamaglama:Upper body without using wrists,only thing i can think of is wrestlers bridge but be carefull,that hits neck and back,and lying on your back elbows out as though bench pressing and pushing your upper body up so only your elbows and backside touch the floor,thats it mate,youve got me there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...