Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Summer Alpine Boots

Tom F Harding on 07 Mar 2014
With summer alpine season starting in the not too distance future, plane tickets being booked and gear shopping list written I though its time to start the obligatory boot forum post.

Last time in the Alps I didn't have the cash for new boots and crampons so wore my trusty winter boots - Scarpa Phantom Lites. These completely wrecked my feet in the warm dusty conditions and the C3 crampons that go with them were completely overkill.

I want ones that will accept a heel bail, cost around 200 max and will be good on easier alpine summer routes, Via farrata and glacial approaches. With all this in mind does anyone have any recommendations?

Looking at;

Selewa MRapace - Seem a really good, have good reviews and cost 150'ish which seems very reasonable. Also have alot of fit options with the removable 'muti' footbeds.

Trango S EVO GTX - Classic with some good bargains to be had.

Scarpa Rebel Lite GTX - Seem pretty expensive compared to other makes and are normally a bit to narrow.

Mammut Monolith GTX Men

Anymore suggestions welcome.

Thanks
... not showing 19 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums