UKC

someone told me this was a site to meet other climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Richie E 07 Mar 2014
but so far iv met no one, is there no one out there from the North East? I live in Tynemouth and as the weeks are going by the amount of my friends starting to pass on going climbing cos of girlfriends or jobs is startling... there must be someone out there wanting to go climbing this weekend??????....
 crayefish 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Richie E:

You'll find this is actually more of a site to argue political views!

You've only been on here a day so it's not surprising. Perhaps fill out your profile a little more and log some climbs (so people know what level you climb to) it might be easier to find someone.
 Choss 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Richie E:

Yeah, what crayefish said, beef up your Profile.

And put requests in the Lifts and partners wanted section.
 tlm 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Richie E:

Why not post in the lifts and partners section? The more information you can give about what sort of climbing you want to do and your own experience, the more likely you are to get decent replies.
 JDal 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Richie E:

Not interested in local clubs then?
 Skyfall 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Richie E:
I've seen your other posts about Shepherds crag this weekend. However, to be fair, this weekend doesn't really look very promising in the Lakes. Sunday looks a wash out and, on Saturday, after a wet start to the day, it may (or may not) dry out in the afternoon. If travelling any distance, that's hard to get excited about.

As others have said, fill in your profile a bit more and see where you get to. I suspect that, with that and some better weather, you'll get plenty of takers.
Post edited at 16:06
 JohnnyW 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Richie E:

My pal climbs with the Wanneys Club, who are very active around your way. You should get in touch with them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...