UKC

Rock fall at wintours leap on Sunday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 beardy mike 10 Mar 2014
Was over at wintours yesterday and heard what sounded like a pretty large rock fall coming from the GO wall area - hope everybody is OK and just wondered what happened!
 whenry 10 Mar 2014
In reply to mike kann: Not sure of the details, but there were some Italian guys over there that dislodged some blocks - I do know that everyone was fine..
 Rob Exile Ward 10 Mar 2014
In reply to whenry:

Why would some Italian guys come to Wintours? I mean it's OK but you wouldn't drive 1,000 miles past Provence to get there, would you?
OP beardy mike 10 Mar 2014
In reply to whenry:

Good - pretty sure they were Spaniards as we were climbing just to the left of them on Greta at the start of the day. They looked to be on one of the Hitler based routes, but we wandered off afterwards. All I know is it was one hell of a bang... glad they're OK. No doubt thinking these bloody englishmen are crazy...
 Chris Sansum 11 Mar 2014
In reply to mike kann:

The crash came from a rock that my partner pulled off the top pitch of King Kong. We had just done The Burning Giraffe and were exiting the crag via Kangaroo Wall and then King Kong. A big piece of rock came off unexpectedly. I shouted a warning, but it seems that luckily no-one was in the drop zone below! The Spanish/Argentinian/Finnish contingent were on a climb a bit further along. The rockfall was nothing to do with them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...