UKC

photo storage and sharing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 10 Mar 2014
after some advice for about storage of photographs, im sure this will be pretty basic but I know nowt about this at all.

at the moment I have all my digital photos on two laptops one for storage and one as a back up, and that's it no separate hard drive or anything else.
I also have all the old family photos from several generations in a box in the attic many of which my kids who are all grown up now will never have seen.
I had an idea to get one of those photo books done but there are so many and couldn't be updated once printed.

I also don't have Facebook or any kind of social network but I noticed several people on this site linking to flikr to show their photos.

so the question, would flikr be a good place to store hundreds of family and other photos that would let family members view and download them. or is there something better out there.
also how secure is it and can you send a link to let someone view certain photos without giving access to every photo on the site you have uploaded.

any info / ideas welcome cheers .
 Toerag 11 Mar 2014
In reply to buzby:

well, whatever you use to share/store online you'll have to get the old photos scanned first. If you can, get them scanned as RAW files - as technology improves you will be able to improve the 'quality' when you print copies.
Also, record all the details for the pictures - the people in them, and where they were shot or that info will die with you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...