UKC

Central Gully on Ben Lui this weekend (16/3/14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Damon Rodwell 10 Mar 2014
Anyone know if Central Gully on Ben Lui is in condition at the moment? Thinking of heading there on Saturday / Sunday to introduce my son to winter climbing.
 Jamie B 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Damon Rodwell:

Liable to be threatened by large unstable cornices. I wouldn't go near it.
OP Damon Rodwell 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Jamie B:

Many thanks Jamie. Appreciate it. Anywhere up your neck of the woods (Glencoe area) a likely alternative? Travelling from the Borders, and that's about as far north as I'd want to go.

Damon
 JohnnyW 11 Mar 2014

From what I have read on the Metoffice Mountain forecast, and Mountain-Weather.com, I think this weekend may be a none-starter again due to the wind. sat at work, looking at stellar conditions out of the window, I am well and truly scunnered!
OP Damon Rodwell 11 Mar 2014
In reply to JohnnyW:

Similar here. Live in the Cheviots. Hownam Law basking in gorgeous sunshine. Will take a run up there at lunch. Son will be well hacked off. Younger brothers are in Australia, and winter-mountaineering was to be his compensation. Will keep an eye on the forecasts.
 girlymonkey 11 Mar 2014

Winter mountaineering can be very different to winter climbing, you could easily do a great mountaineering trip staying out of avalanche risk zones. Although, maybe not this weekend if for cast holds!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...