UKC

Astronauts - Channel 4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blizzard 13 Mar 2014
Absolutely fascinating programme, with some great video clips. Will be live Sunday. 9pm
OP Blizzard 13 Mar 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

That should have been 7.30pm. Sunday, the programme is on at a different time. Essential viewing I believe.
 Tom Valentine 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Blizzard:
I thought the section about the astronaut nearly drowning in his helmet was quite harrowing.
Post edited at 07:59
OP Blizzard 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Tom Valentine:
The best bit was on Wednesday when they had an ant experiment in space!

That said I didnt realise that astronauts lives were so controlled, right up to every minute when they are in space, they are more akin to lab rats than anything else, the job in my mind isn't as great as they make out. They have zero privacy.

As for Sunday there is a hour long broadcast of a live circuit of the earth I am led to believe, first time ever. Simply for the spectacle, it will be worth watching.
Post edited at 10:54
 Climber_Bill 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

Same here, I was quite disappointed really. I thought it was going to be more like Buck Rogers in the 25th Century with Twiki the robot - beedy beedy beedy beep!
 Tom Valentine 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

> That said I didnt realise that astronauts lives were so controlled,

"Spam in a can.." as Chuck Yeager reputedly said.

OP Blizzard 16 Mar 2014
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Tonights programme at 7.30pm , should be good. Live pictures of a circuit of the earth from the space station.
 SteveoS 16 Mar 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

Fascinating! The story of the flooded helmet was terrifying!
 goose299 16 Mar 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

They've been a brilliant couple of shows. Some awe inspiring views and I'd love to experience zero gravity.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...