UKC

Photoshop help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marky 15 Mar 2014
Got a new Nikon D3200 at xmas and decided to get Photoshop Elements for editing. I have uploaded old pics using the Organiser tool but when I try to upload pictures taken using new camera they cannot be uploaded and it comes up with error saying File is too large? Is there a way round this?
 the abmmc 15 Mar 2014
In reply to marky:

Hey Marky, this doesn't make sense to me, as elements can deal with all modern camera pictures. What version of elements are you using? I don't like loading all my pictures with elements and use Windows Explorer for my photos. Then I only import the ones into elements that I want to work on. what's your standard way of putting your photos into your computer? I was overwhelmed when I first started using Elements, and found that the Scott Kelby books were the best help, expensive though.

Tom
OP marky 15 Mar 2014
In reply to marky:

Hi Tom yeah I tried to transfer all images to Elements version 12. I normally use the standard Microsoft camera and photo wizard to transfer view files. Maybe I should just open images in Elements as required but I assumed It would be easier if all were in Elements. Also seems very slow to open up Elements on computer so does not seem that user friendly considering the cost !
 the abmmc 15 Mar 2014
In reply to marky:

Hi again Marky, there's lots of added stuff (guff) in elements. If you have smart objects switched on, then your computer will be searching for all sorts of things in your photos. I understand the slowness because when I tried to load all my photos into Elements 11, my computer told it me it would take 4 and 1/2 days at 100%cpu running 16gb. I switched all that stuff off. I still don't understand the files too large though, unless you had them all set to save to web size? If this is the first time you're using elements, don't be put off. I hated elements when I first got the software, the learning curve is huge. there's lots of books but I found Kelby the best. I love the program now and can do everything I did in the Photoshop CS3 that I used to have, just in different ways. Stick with it. It's not as intuitive as Paint shop Pro but it is a great programme. All the best. Tom
OP marky 15 Mar 2014
In reply to marky:

Hey Tom how do I find if Smart Objects is turned on. Thanks for your help. Mark
 JDal 15 Mar 2014
In reply to marky:

There is a limit for file sizes in Elements Organizer, http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/maximum-image-size-limits-phot... The D3200 has big files I believe, but 54 meg?

BTW, that was the first entry in a Google search

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...